Magnum instrument cluster?

Notices

Magnum instrument cluster?

Old 11-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Just remember the Maltese was two miles faster...same set up and at least you had some room in the cabin to take a nap or a cra.. Put that in your pipe H2O and smoke it. Bud
Your right about that Bud, that's why the Sedan is even better yet...
Old 11-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Your right about that Bud, that's why the Sedan is even better yet...
No way boys, there both an old man`s boat. Sports rule !! If only I could get in the cabin. Anyone ever been in there? what`s it like ?

KALAAZAR

Last edited by Kalaazar; 11-25-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maltese 2MPH

Have to agree with Bud on this one! LOL! Better looking and 2MPH faster, Maltese is the way to go.

Thanks Bud!

Jeff
Old 12-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Instrument Cluster continued.

SideWinder Finally, Gets Her new one at last.

Kalaazar
Attached Thumbnails Magnum instrument cluster?-dsc00439.jpg   Magnum instrument cluster?-dsc00442.jpg  
Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dash Top Rate

Ian,you due everything 1st class...can you tell us what are some of the additional components for like red and green buttons etc.Where are you going to install the trim and K_Plane indicators.

Also let me know when you receive your package from me. Bud

Last edited by mr vinyl; 12-17-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Ian,you due everything 1st class...can you tell us what are some of the additional components for like red and green buttons etc.Where are you going to install the trim and K_Plane indicators.

Also let me know when you receive your package from me. Bud
Bud,

I hope you wont be sorry for asking the question, here we go.

Thank you for asking about the instrument cluster. The panel itself is a quarter sawn Teak panel bonded to a plywood backing which has had several coats of Awlgrip Clear applied to it and then been cut and polished.

The Lavorsi Instruments are Oil Pressure, Water Temperature, Oil Temperature and Volts, plus the Tacho`s.
The green light is low oil pressure warning indicator controlled from an adjustable pressure switch set at present to 25 psig and the red light is a “no charge” light should we throw a belt, activated via a voltage sensing relay.

The two white rocker switches are the tabs and the two red switches the trims.
Both the drives and the tabs are each ganged together and isolated from the main rocker switches via diodes and controlled as separate pairs by thumb switches mounted on to the port gear/throttle lever for rapid adjustment then fine tuned on the individual rockers if required.

The electric driven trim indicators are the two gauges mounted just above the rocker switches and the tab indicators are mechanical pop ups fitted between the side of the instrument panel and the side screen.

Fuel pressure and water pressure gauges for each of the engines will be angle bezel mounted across the cabin door head towards the driver. Bud are you still awake or has this response sent you to sleep yet ??

Ian
Old 12-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Ian,

You've managed to pull off a very good job.......love the teak! All safeguard instrumentation looks well placed & thought out......nice job!.... In the back ground I see the taller clamshell vents.....I'd love to put them on my boat even if there not period correct for my '76 sport.......they look sooo old sckool.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thank for the positive comments Scippy, appreciated.

Perko are a strange company for some of these parts, beautiful bronze cast shell vents which we re polished and re plated but with a low grade alloy cast base and duct connectors which fell apart as soon as we undid the screws, so we had to make new stainless steel bases. However the original ones did last some 40 years ( do you think that I should try a claim under the warranty ? )

Kalaazar

Last edited by Kalaazar; 12-19-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by scippy
Ian,

You've managed to pull off a very good job.......love the teak! All safeguard instrumentation looks well placed & thought out......nice job!.... In the back ground I see the taller clamshell vents.....I'd love to put them on my boat even if there not period correct for my '76 sport.......they look sooo old sckool.
My 1973 sport has the standard chrome cast bronze vents but my 1973 sedan has the same vents as Kalaazars. I was told that they were a option ??
Attached Thumbnails Magnum instrument cluster?-mag-resto-fall-2011-005.jpg   Magnum instrument cluster?-mag-miss-b-11.jpg  
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.