27 ft Sport Deck >

27 ft Sport Deck

Notices

27 ft Sport Deck

Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27 ft Sport Deck

Question for the experts!!! While buffing out the original gel coat on the deck of my 27 ft Sport I notice that on each side the presance of 3 hole mounting points that have been filled in. being as my Dad was the original owner and all pictures of this boat show no railing of any type, my question is did the mold carry a pattern in it to indicate where one should drill out the deck mounting bolts for a hand rail. The holes do not go through the deck. The gel coat repair seems to be original as it matches in color to the deck spot on. What type of rail would have been there ?? There are 6 mounting points on each side with the aft ones having 2 bolt pattern and the remaining 5 a 3 bolt patern in a tri-angle shape. I would like to put a low rail on it if it is accurate to the option avalible then. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post a pic of the area in question.

- M
Old 03-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Rails on sports

I know Jeff has pictures of Sports with rails. I potentially have a sent of rails if I can get them back to Il.According to a pricing sheet from Magnum it was an option on the Sport. Bud
Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Registered

Default Sport Bow Rails

Get ahold of me before you leave Florida. If the rails belong to a magnum then I would like to get them. Have any pictures? Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

None of the sports I have seen had any indication for a place to drill for bow rails. They may have been removed & just a good gel repair. Here is a pic of a Mag with bow rails.
Attached Thumbnails 27 ft Sport Deck-mag-h-w-003075.jpg  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Registered

Have you seen a magnum with both the center cable assembly and the bow rails? What ever happened it is certain that the gel coat repairs were done at Magnum before my Dad took delivery of the boat. Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

In this old Donzi factory pic you can see workers doing gel repair out of the molds. You Mag may have been built for stock with the rails then removed & repaired before delivery?????
Attached Thumbnails 27 ft Sport Deck-donzi-factory.jpg  
Old 03-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
In this old Donzi factory pic you can see workers doing gel repair out of the molds. You Mag may have been built for stock with the rails then removed & repaired before delivery?????

I can see why mine had so much unintended hook in it! Those stands are horrible.

Jeff