27 Sport SideWinder Update

Notices

27 Sport SideWinder Update

Old 08-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Beautiful and classy with a slight modern twist, perfect. Keep an eye on that cheeky chap Jeff so he doesn't cock up navigating, he's probably swotting the race course with a big stonker and don't forget to check the boat for any crusty dragons after the race.
Thanks for the Tips Lee I will be sure to pass them on to the relevent authorities. When do you want him back ?? or have he been expelled from the US for good this time ?

KALAAZAR
Old 08-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

That all depends on if the Germans let him go...........they might keep him locked up in their super secret R&D lab.
On another note, is this the Sidewinder in a previous life?
Attached Thumbnails 27 Sport SideWinder Update-sidewinder-_magnum_.jpg   27 Sport SideWinder Update-eng1-2-.jpg   27 Sport SideWinder Update-mag-back-2-.jpg  

27 Sport SideWinder Update-side1-2-.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Very well done, yes it is.

The two guy`s John and Craig, who carried out the first major refit back in the early 90`s did a great job. The next owner also did a great job, spending many years trying to reverse the process the first two guys had achieved !!! There's no accounting for taste

Kalaazar
Old 08-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalaazar
Very well done, yes it is.

The two guy`s John and Craig, who carried out the first major refit back in the early 90`s did a great job. The next owner also did a great job, spending many years trying to reverse the process the first two guys had achieved !!! There's no accounting for taste

Kalaazar

And you sir, did a great job making it right!!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Sidewinder @ Cowes

Ian's [Kalaazar] Magnum is finished & was the pace boat for this years Cowes race. Here a few pic's & a short video of it pacing the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHrnHnnRPS4
Attached Thumbnails 27 Sport SideWinder Update-mag-i-pool.jpg   27 Sport SideWinder Update-mag-ian-cowes-1.jpg   27 Sport SideWinder Update-mag-ian-cowes-download.jpg  

27 Sport SideWinder Update-mag-ian-toll-%40-cowes.jpg   27 Sport SideWinder Update-mag-ian.jpg   27 Sport SideWinder Update-mag-ieon.jpg  

Old 09-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Mark, Thanks for sharing all the pictures!!........Sidewinder looks pretty formidable as the pace boat. She looks pretty tame until the hatch is raised!...what's her power?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by scippy
Mark, Thanks for sharing all the pictures!!........Sidewinder looks pretty formidable as the pace boat. She looks pretty tame until the hatch is raised!...what's her power?
Jeff flying home today from the race in Cowes he ran the Mag back to Pool England for Ian so I'm sure he will have all the info on this cool Mag to share with us. I meet Ian in Key West last year I believe he told me about his engines but there might have been alcohol involved ???? He sure knows how to bling a Mag out.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

=h2oboater;4182079]Jeff flying home today from the race in Cowes he ran the Mag back to Pool England for Ian so I'm sure he will have all the info on this cool Mag to share with us. I meet Ian in Key West last year I believe he told me about his engines but there might have been alcohol involved ???? He sure knows how to bling a Mag out. [/QUOTE]

I will leave it to Jeff Hall to provide the detail of his trip when he returns as he may just have been trying to be polite to me saying "That was the best Magnum Ride I have ever had" being a 27 Sport in open water.
The new engines are Dart/Bontoft 383ci, which are making far more power than we would have hoped for..
Does anyone want to see any more pictures of the finish product, or have I already over done it for one boat ?

KALAAZAR
Old 09-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More pics and details! You have set the bar very high!
What are you making for power from the 383s? Torque?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian,, YES more pic's PLEASE !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.