Broken Nose! Magnum Maltese 270T

Notices

Broken Nose! Magnum Maltese 270T

Old 04-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olredalert
Sea Giraffe here,

I haven't run it out with the raised X. Yours will do 73 or so with ease. How's the engine progress?
Just hung out with Jack Stuteville today, he remembers Your 28 race boat when he worked for Vincenzo.
You'll have to stop by next time you're in Florida.

Jeff
So as I see this post we have Bill, signing in as Jeff, calling himself Sea Giraffe,,,,, ;-)

Something's a bit of a stretch here......?
Old 04-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Mario L.
So as I see this post we have Bill, signing in as Jeff, calling himself Sea Giraffe,,,,, ;-)

Something's a bit of a stretch here......?
Mario, Jeff, Bill & I were in Florida @ the Dora boat show with Bill's new F-14 Donzi & we just got back. Bill had the only computer so Jeff & I had to sign in under Bill's name, we had a great time & even went to Magnum. Mark
Old 04-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Registered

Lee,
I wish I could tell you!! My GPS speed and RPMs don't make sense with prop pitch when run through a calculator with Volvo ratios.
I bought my props from Grizzly, last set he sold that we're a matched L&R turning set. These are Solas props he had made for the old Volvo drives working with Solas and using Donzi Classics. Unfortunately the boxes are labeled differently than the props and my emails with him are different from that.

I want to trust my tachs, and the GPS........

Mario
Over on the Donzi site the general consensus is to add 2" to the prop using a calculator, otherwise you get negative slip.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnywhale
Over on the Donzi site the general consensus is to add 2" to the prop using a calculator, otherwise you get negative slip.
Did that, still doesn't make any sense.

Jeff
Old 04-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mmmmmmm . .. .

Jeff,
What is your power?
My boat has two 465 HP 377 Cu In with Volvo 280 drives and nose cones, raised 2" on 29.5" centers, I run two of Grizzly's last Solas props, spinning out 15.5" x 21 and run 77 mph at 4400 RPM in glass smooth flat water . . Sadly I can't tell you if this was WOT as I wasn't paying attention to throttle position . . DOH!

Mario L.
Mario,

I would love a ride in that Magnum this season!

Anu
Old 08-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kalaazar
Calling the Sea Giraffe, come on in hallj what speed does your 27 sport pull with your engine build with the Volvo 280 drives and ?? props.

My 27 is on Bravo 1's with 383ci motors and 14.25" x 26" props but we have not been able to run it at any speed yet so what will be your guess ?

Kalaazar
Kalaazar,

Have you run your boat yet? Curious how this size of prop works for you as our power set up are similar, although the drives are radically different. Your props are likely 12" further behind your boat . .
I'm starting to think that my 15 5/8" OD props are to large in diameter and that a smaller prop will run better. I can't trust the labeling of the props

my offhand uneducated guess is that your pitch is to high . . ?
Old 10-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff/Dennis,
Your box is full so I couldn't PM you. Did you get new shocks for your seat posts? If so where, and do you have part numbers?

Tom
Old 10-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kalaazar,

Have you run your boat yet? Curious how this size of prop works for you as our power set up are similar, although the drives are radically different. Your props are likely 12" further behind your boat . .
I'm starting to think that my 15 5/8" OD props are to large in diameter and that a smaller prop will run better. I can't trust the labeling of the props

my offhand uneducated guess is that your pitch is to high . . ?
Mario, the 3 blade 14.25 "x 26" pitch gave 5700 RPM and 70.5 MPH on the GPS the 4 blade Hydromotive Props at 15.25" pitch Dia x 25" gave 4900 RPM and 71 MPH therefore it`s not the pitch. but the diameter which is the issue. But at least we now have a bench mark to work on. Hydromotive are saying start with 14.75" dia, lab the props and maybe just maybe 78` ish might be possible if we get the revs up. . Playtime on the water for me is now over in the UK.for this year..
Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom,

PM box is now empty. We did get new shocks. I will dig up source and part # for you.

Jeff
Old 10-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Registered

I'd like to take this thread back to nose cones . ..

Jeff, your boat is stock and you gained 400 rpm w/o cones . . .

I'm curious if nose cones may become effective at a higher speed .? . . does anyone know of a stock Volvo drive boat that runs well over 70 MPH ?. . mine has 280 drives with nose cones. I've run over 70 . . . but am very concerned about a nose cone failure . . . not certain I want to experience something failing at speed . . .

Mario

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.