Update On Powder Keg

Old 12-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job ! Awesome boat
Old 12-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Registered

Whoa! WOW . . Between you and Kalaazar Magnum restorations have some high marks to shoot for . .

A few questions . .
Seat bolster frames . . made by who???? Are these from Great Lakes Skipper?
Rub rail . . .who makes this whole set up?
Have you completed the exhaust? I presume you'll need to install hose over those ends and the "arched" SS is for water flow?

Thank you!

Great work! Congrats!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

[QUOTE=Mario L.;4241541]Whoa! WOW . . Between you and Kalaazar Magnum restorations have some high marks to shoot for . .

A few questions . .

Mario.......They are from great lakes skipper.................whatta ya say three of us (You, me and anu) pick them up?
Old 12-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Registered

Skippy!
I'm in, Anu needs to close out with the guy that so far hasn't lived up to his commitment .....
Spoke with my upholstery guy today, and he is up for pulling this together for us.....
Let's connect soon, call me at my office 603-228-2888

Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mario L.
Whoa! WOW . . Between you and Kalaazar Magnum restorations have some high marks to shoot for . .

A few questions . .
Rub rail . . .who makes this whole set up?
Have you completed the exhaust? I presume you'll need to install hose over those ends and the "arched" SS is for water flow?

Thank you!

Great work! Congrats!
Mario,

Thanks for the kind words! Yes the frames are from great lakes skipper, they are SS and out of a smaller Baja. They fit the boat well since they are low, narrow, and simple looking. The rub rail I believe is from lewis Marine supply in ft lauderdale, it is a hard plastic capped with a SS insert. I am yet to finish the exhaust, the tips are some 4" Hardin marine and it is going to be tricky to make a quick "s" bend to drop down to them. The arched SS tab is for the rubber connection to maintain water flow. I searched hi-and low for a manifold setup that would allow me to run the factory flat hatch, those Hi-Tek manifolds did the trick. I was a bit skeptical as they are sold in Australia and made in China but they are actually a very high quality looking piece. I cut the flanges off and stood them up more and welded new flanges on to get the motors closer together.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you using on the cockpit floor? Is that teak, or a composite material? Next time I'm in Racine I'm going to pick up a set of those bolster frames myself.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by scippy

Mario.......They are from great lakes skipper.................whatta ya say three of us (You, me and anu) pick them up?
Skippy those are the exact bolsters and stands i tried to sell to you . . . . the exact same ones. I got them from Baja, came out of a twenty something.

Kinda wish i kept them now, go in my Mag. Actually i am going full sit down PPI style seats and a shifter/throttle center console with no door access to the cabin. More of a mini Gladiator sort of layout. This thing is incredible love the colors and the OEM hardware, the old school life line is a must.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-03-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
Skippy those are the exact bolsters and stands i tried to sell to you . . . . the exact same ones. I got them from Baja, came out of a twenty something.
Dave..............Honestly I don't remember, but if you say so. To think of all the mistaken decisions I've made recently concerning bolsters & bolster frames .......it figures!
Old 01-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave, Dont recall seeing any pictures of your 27 Magnum. Any threads on OSO?
Old 01-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by scippy
Dave..............Honestly I don't remember, but if you say so. To think of all the mistaken decisions I've made recently concerning bolsters & bolster frames .......it figures!
it is a daunting task to find a bolster that works in a Sport Mag, narrow cockpit and shallow freeboard make it tough. Thats why I'm going PPI full sit down, i just never saw any bolster that looked like you werent hangin out in the wind.

Originally Posted by legend
Dave, Dont recall seeing any pictures of your 27 Magnum. Any threads on OSO?
Got it like five or six years ago or so, theres a thread somewhere. I havnt done anything but round up parts, running Arnesons and LS's. Just about ready to start grinding/sanding. It is going to be a full sit down boat with console between the seats like a mini Gladiator. I have a twenty Cig to finish before i dig into this thing
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.