Notices

Mag 25 update

Old 11-09-2002, 07:55 PM
Wildfire

Default Mag 25 update

Here's some new pics. Scroll down to the bottom for the latest on this project.

http://www.chevalfarms.com/magnum.html

I tried putting them in, but don't want to resize them.

Old 11-10-2002, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with your Magnum project.
My continuing project is a 1970 sedan.
Your proposed modifications look good.
There's definitely something special about owning a Magnum. Especially the ancient performance models like ours, not the new mega buck cruisers.
I look forward to more progress reports
Old 11-10-2002, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default 25 Magnum

Hello Wildefire I was just looking at your 25 Mag. We redone a 72 27 kevaler hull in 2000 and raced it in p4 with APBA in 2oo1 and with SBI in 2002,She is one great boat. My daughter set up a web sit at WWW.teamvixenracing.com it gives the total rebuild of the VIXEN. You can also see her on www.checkeredflagphotography.net in her running form. Best of luck to you,She will make agreat boat Mel team joker and the vixen.
Old 11-16-2002, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Bmiller+teamjoker

Hey bm,i have a 27 sedan that i converted to a single,what are your plans? and team joker that is a great site!!! i would be proud to have my mag on it even though im not useing it and trying to sell it.I saw some talking on oso that the thunderboat site might be comin off? hope not! Hey bm ,ill tell you about it let me know, illcheck this site moreoften tripps
Old 11-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default magnum plans

Tripps. My plans at this point are for general updating. I have had this boat for 8 years and I think I'll keep it. When I bought it I put in all new mechanicals w/ twin 350 mag/bravos. My next project is to fix the gimbals and install hydraulic steering. My boat isn't really fast enough to require it, but I like the safety and control factor. Also, I'm hoping to extend the life of the gimbals so I don't have to do this again soon. Next will be interior. the cockpit upholstery is fair, but the cabin is a disaster. A previous owner thought blue shag carpeting would look good. EVERYWHERE! I pulled it all out, but now it's a pit. I don't use the cabin much, however. All in all the 27 sedan is perfect for what I use it for. I go to the beach a lot and with the walk around decks it's a snap. I like the big cockpit and being able to sit up in the "changing room".I would like more power, but my daughter's education comes first. I would love to see some pics of your sedan with a single. Can you post some?
Old 11-18-2002, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I hear u bm,i gotta figure out how to postem,I have alot of pics layin around of alota stuf,now that they are on the trailers,ill see what i can do. tripps
Old 11-27-2002, 10:19 AM
Registered

HI only 35 of thoes 25 made between 72 -75 I have 1 with a B/B bravo the I put 350 hours on it in 3 seasons great ride I was told the boat weights 6500 LB it a slug I am spinning a Spinnli 19 @ 4900-5000 boat goes 48- 50 Mph with a nice chop I love my magnum it turns some heads here in NY
Old 11-28-2002, 10:33 PM
Wildfire

Das,

Mine is #11, which one is yours?

I'll have to take mine to the scales to get an accurate weight, don't remember where I got the 4500lbs. Sounds about right, but the Magnums are built like tanks.

Is yours a single or twin, mine has a SBC and volvo right now. I just recieved an Arneson in the mail and plan to pick up a BBC soon. Then we'll see how fast we go!

I sure would like to see pictures of yours. Post 'em if you get a chance.

Old 12-04-2002, 02:15 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

HEY Das & Wildfire........

This is like discovering life on another planet !
My brother and I have hull# 15 (MAG250080273).If you subscribe to the boat mags. it was the Magnum restoration featured in June 2002 HOT BOAT .A continuous 27 month project boat is like new in every aspect.We kept ours on a diet as best we could and the finished weight (dry) with a 502 MPI B3 was 5100 lb.
Look forward to hearing lots more on this site !
Take your time and do it right... don't do something you'll regret later.It may only be 25' but its a MAGNUM !
Old 12-05-2002, 06:55 PM
Wildfire

Pictures, we need pictures.

I just called HotBoat and they are sending me the back issue. Can't wait to see the MAGNUM!

Quick Reply: Mag 25 update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.