27 sport pics needed

Notices

27 sport pics needed

Old 06-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
Default 27 sport pics needed

Hi guys. im looking for some photos of a flat deck 27 sport. i am updating some of the line drawings on my computer and need to do some for the sport. i need a straight on side shot and if possible as close do a straight down deck shot as i can get. also may need some measurments too. and maybe a 3/4 front and 3/4 rear shot. i transfer these into CorelDraw and convert them into contour line drawings for use as a template in graphics development. this one below was one i did for the new 50 foot Ocean Express (not yet released and EXTREMELY bad ass i might add ) so you get an idea of what i am doing. actually i am doing this one for myself as i hope to find a sport to re-do very soon. also i would be more than happy to forward copies of this template to anyone that would like them for personal use (i can send them as a word.doc in email) thanks guys. MAGNUM RULES!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 27 sport pics needed-49ox.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 06-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 27 sport pics needed

Dave,
If you go into the classified and look under Magnum there are a few of my 27 Sport.
I can take other photos for you if you need.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Registered

I've got a magnum sport, 1976 twin 350's. Im looking for a cost effective way to pick up some top end. Not very motor savy. I would apperciate any insight. I'll get some pics. to post asap. best boat ive ever owned
Old 06-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by crackerbox
I've got a magnum sport, 1976 twin 350's. Im looking for a cost effective way to pick up some top end. Not very motor savy. I would apperciate any insight. I'll get some pics. to post asap. best boat ive ever owned
The only way I can see any increase would be to go into the motors for more H.P. 350's are probably one of the least expensive motors to modify because the parts are so much cheaper than say a big block. Super chargers would give a huge bump in speed but also very expensive when talking about two engines to buy for. I would use the boat for the rest of the season and then pull out the motors for a rebuild and increase the displacement to 383 stroker, new heads, intake and carb, headers, and a good ignition system and the boat should scream. 450 H.P. is easily obtainable out of small blocks if you have someone who knows what they are doing. But I am not sure what "cost effective" implies, but by doing this you will at least have fresh engines to work with.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:56 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

thanks guys. magnuman your boat is the coolest i have seen yet. i really like the cockpit layout. i need straight on side shots on trailer if possible. i actually have every pic you ever posted of it on file

crackerbox- what drives do you have? if they are TRS's you might find some speed swaping them for brovos. you will loose a ton of weight and pick up some efficiency. also you might get Dennis Moores book on building sbc's. when i find my mag i am going to run a pair of stroker small blocks. maybe blowers but i may not need to go that far with them.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 06-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Registered

yeah i have trs drives...
will i have to use some sort of extension box if bravos were to be installed? i think that would be the way to go. i would perfer not to have to fill in the transom and have new holes cut, toooooo time consuming, i like running the boat
thanks for the info
Old 06-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Registered

Stellings makes an extension box for a TRS to Bravo conversion to where you would not have to modify the transom. That would be the way to go. Plus you would get more performance with that drive extended out there.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Registered

Question Re: 27 sport pics needed

I'm not sure if you need them anymore...but I've got some pictures of a Sport you might be interested in....let me know.

In the meantime...can you tell me where I can get the software you are using to do some design work of my own ?...your drawing looks great !

Thanks, Tony [email protected]

Last edited by FLYWITHME; 12-24-2005 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added e-mail