Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Multi Media Gallery > Members On-line Video Section!!
High Performance Boat Training Videos >

High Performance Boat Training Videos

Notices

High Performance Boat Training Videos

Old 04-20-2008, 03:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Performance Boat Training Videos

Anyone seen or used any videos to learn how to better handle their boat? I was wondering if there are any good ones. New to twins and stepped hulls so I wanted to learn more about high speed turns. I know about Tres' school but can't do it right now.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered

Default response to training instructions

Hey, go to www.fountainpower.com and go to there instructinail driving video, and the video secrets of speed. You can acces these by going to the website listed above. Once scroll over the boats tab at the top and click on the videos link. From there you can access the videos. What kind of boat and what power did you get.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Registered

I bought a 2001 353 Fastech, 500EFIs. Took it out a couple times and it runs great! I'm trying to be conservative with the driving. I don't want to get in over my head. I'm really interested in how "sharp" and what speeds I can safely turn with the stepped hull. I'll check out the link you attatched. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleek1
Anyone seen or used any videos to learn how to better handle their boat? I was wondering if there are any good ones. New to twins and stepped hulls so I wanted to learn more about high speed turns. I know about Tres' school but can't do it right now.
When your life and possibly family and freinds lives are at stake....you always have time to do it!! Not trying to start anything , just it is way too important to learn how to operate the boat properly, Glad to see your at least looking to learn. !
Old 04-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by sleek1
I bought a 2001 353 Fastech, 500EFIs. Took it out a couple times and it runs great! I'm trying to be conservative with the driving. I don't want to get in over my head. I'm really interested in how "sharp" and what speeds I can safely turn with the stepped hull. I'll check out the link you attatched. Thanks.

Watch the Fountain video, the info will transfer to you Formula, they are similiar. The big thing that I have noticed with my step bottom boats is tha they will turn just as well as non step boats IF you set them up right when you go into the turn. They like to be Neutral when turning, not bow down, not bow up. Set them right and they are fine, this spinner chit is an old wives tale. Feel it out and in no time you will find yourself comfortable. I just came back from my first afternoon in the new twin step 35 Lightning, and I love the way this thing works.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:26 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

take high performance school its worth it
Old 04-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered

Ragged Edge, thanks for the informative reply that's the kind of information I need. It's nice to get some real info vs opinions. This is my fourth boat, it's not as if I'm clueless, just always looking to improve. And yes guys, I also feel the boating course is worth it. I plan on taking it when I can manage it. For now I will drive conservatively gain experience and seek knowledge with friends, media, etc.

Last edited by sleek1; 04-28-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Watch the Fountain video, the info will transfer to you Formula, they are similiar. The big thing that I have noticed with my step bottom boats is tha they will turn just as well as non step boats IF you set them up right when you go into the turn. They like to be Neutral when turning, not bow down, not bow up. Set them right and they are fine, this spinner chit is an old wives tale. Feel it out and in no time you will find yourself comfortable. I just came back from my first afternoon in the new twin step 35 Lightning, and I love the way this thing works.
HUH? If you keep this up you will be swimming. """" It turns just like a non step boat"""" famous last words of all those that went in the drink. Old wives stay alive. There are videos on how to tame Crocs and poison snakes, but them buyers of these videos are now unavailable for comments.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife Shannon and I took Tres' UltraHighPerformance class and it was well worth it.....You do it for yourself, your family and everyone else on the water....
Old 05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Registered

Drive conservatively and learn slowly. Know your limitations. There is no substitute for caution and time on the water. Course or no course, take risks and eventually bad things will happen. The feel of turning a stepped hull at speed is scary at first so go slowly and learn how before you try it.

Quick Reply: High Performance Boat Training Videos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.