Notices

Cat Killer Returns!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He who has the most advertising dollars wins...Period. Just like back in the '90s when Reggie, piloting his own 10meter got his azz handed to him by a po-dunk boat builder in Alabama in a 21 footer called a Stryker. Hot Boat Mag covered the test session and after his azz was handed to him, Reggie told the mag that if any of that got printed he would pull all of his advertising in the mag. Big surprise here, that article never ran...Stryker (who did not have an advertising campaign with the magazine) eventually went out of business & Fountain is still the chit (according to the propaganda).
Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Not really.

I don't like Reggie because of the constant big talk and the smoke & mirrors. He constantly plays the shell game on this Cat Killer thing. It's never straightforward.

He tells the world he builds the fastest, safest most well-built powerboats in the world. He builds the Chevrolet of offshore boats. Not bad, not the best by any stretch.

Sure he's done alot for the industry, but only through osmosis. He's done alot for himself. There are alot of builders that put together better boats that could be had for the same or less but have been crushed by Fountain. Fountain only survives because Brunswick desperately needs him to. He's a major conduit for their hardware. I'm glad I didn't invest all I had in the FPB stock at the IPO in '85. I believe it was $9. Had it followed the market (Dow closed out '85 at 1500), Reggies stock should be worth about $66 at yesterday's close. It closed at 95 cents. Ouch. So no, I don't respecty him as a businessman.

I'd respect the Hell out of Reggie if he just went out there, told it straight and did it- win or lose, fastest or second-fastest. But that's not him. He's a cross between P.T. Barnum & Napoleon Bonaparte.
Oh, ya i do kinda notice in interviews Reggie doesnt really impress me either.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnutt
Oh, ya i do kinda notice in interviews Reggie doesnt really impress me either.
Uh Huh. This is some insufferable $hit- mms://media.fountainpowerboats.com/fountainpowerboats/2006JaxPokerRun.wmv
Old 07-02-2008, 04:23 AM
Registered

All courtesy of the Reggie Fountain Magic Formula
As a devout Formula guy, I have to say ...

How could you put these two together in the same sentence ...?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
As a devout Formula guy, I have to say ...

How could you put these two together in the same sentence ...?
OK, then not formula.... how about "mixture"? Nah, doesn't sing. Concoction? Potion?. Geez, nothing works.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Chris, I get the feeling that you really don't like the Cat Killer videos press etc?

Last edited by satisfactionII; 07-02-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: too many wirds
Old 07-02-2008, 10:02 AM

I don't like big talk and I don't like bull$hit. I sure don't like fabrications and I really don't care at all for poor sportsmanship.

I know a handful of people who have accomplished unimaginable things in their lives. Some have made themselves and others very wealthy, others are 100% patriots and heroes. None of them say $hit about it. If it comes up, they keep to themselves. They know who they are and what they've done and so do the people around them. The respect is unspoken but readily apparent.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Registered

I don't like big talk and I don't like bull$hit. I sure don't like fabrications and I really don't care at all for poor sportsmanship.

I know a handful of people who have accomplished unimaginable things in their lives. Some have made themselves and others very wealthy, others are 100% patriots and heroes. None of them say $hit about it. If it comes up, they keep to themselves. They know who they are and what they've done and so do the people around them. The respect is unspoken but readily apparent.
we've been reading you're b.s. for the last couple of weeks do u have a life? or better yet do u have a boat? u talk about poor sportsmanship u better look in the mirror i think you're just jealous of the #1 boat in the world no fiction here just fact but i must say u r giving us the best press thanks again! L
Old 07-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuna
we've been reading you're b.s. for the last couple of weeks do u have a life? or better yet do u have a boat? u talk about poor sportsmanship u better look in the mirror i think you're just jealous of the #1 boat in the world no fiction here just fact but i must say u r giving us the best press thanks again! L
Wow! Lot's of mercury in that can.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Registered

Tuna, sounds like you're doing ok now if you can buy an expensive boat like that, why don't you pay the waterski shop in Raymond Maine the $ you owe him.

Quick Reply: Cat Killer Returns!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.