Notices

Cat Killer Returns!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnutt
So what are you trying to say, lol. I mean no disrespect but i think if reggie had a boat that outran the space shuttle you still wouldnt like it because reggie owned it? If i get your drift.
Not really.

I don't like Reggie because of the constant big talk and the smoke & mirrors. He constantly plays the shell game on this Cat Killer thing. It's never straightforward.

He tells the world he builds the fastest, safest most well-built powerboats in the world. He builds the Chevrolet of offshore boats. Not bad, not the best by any stretch.

Sure he's done alot for the industry, but only through osmosis. He's done alot for himself. There are alot of builders that put together better boats that could be had for the same or less but have been crushed by Fountain. Fountain only survives because Brunswick desperately needs him to. He's a major conduit for their hardware. I'm glad I didn't invest all I had in the FPB stock at the IPO in '85. I believe it was $9. Had it followed the market (Dow closed out '85 at 1500), Reggies stock should be worth about $66 at yesterday's close. It closed at 95 cents. Ouch. So no, I don't respecty him as a businessman.

I'd respect the Hell out of Reggie if he just went out there, told it straight and did it- win or lose, fastest or second-fastest. But that's not him. He's a cross between P.T. Barnum & Napoleon Bonaparte.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Yep, it's meeeee!

I'm just having a Reggie day.

I'm going to the store in a little bit and buy a giant enema bag. Then I'm going to stop at Borders and buy every copy of Powerboat Mag. I'm going to tear out all the Fountain ads and puree them in my blender with a quart of Stoli and an urn of fresh Maxwell House, then I'm going to give myself an enormous Reggie Fountain enema.

If I have to have Reggie's nonsense rammed up my a$$ constantly, then by God, I'll do it my self and I'll find a way to enjoy the experience!

(As I'm typing this, the little blinking banner ad below me is the "world's fastest v-bottom UIM 177.883MPH. Aw, f uck it.)
I just about s hit myself from laughing so phucking hard
Old 06-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chris ...... change your pic to this one
Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2008, 02:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally, someone that understands humor.

Seriously, Reggie is on the move. Mark my words, if we sit idly by, this site will be all Reggie, all the time.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
I think when the boat was named CAT KILLER there was no other boat on the market ,not even a cat that ran that speed.
Sorry -1- was there and that was the Bacardi Silver or Bud or what ever you wanna call it.
Othere than that there was NONE.
Thats why Reggie named the boat cat killer.
And back then there was proof of that to.
Even today there are only a few cats that can beat that boat.
And even i will never own a Fountain (to much $$) i love that boat ,its just awsome.
Correct, awsome boat, for a V. Would you put any money on where it would place in P1 in a sanctioned race with the top 9 cats and itself? What would be your best guess? That's all I'm saying. And I believe Callan ran 203 in the Shootout back in 2003 and Bud ran 190 in 2001 in APBA, 20 to 30 mph faster than Cat Killer ever ran. That was even before it was built, let alone named. Look, all four of my boats are V's, but I would not run any against a similar setup in a Cat for $. And if I do go beat a cat on a given day, I'm for sure not going to sound like Tripple Digits, (Reggie Jr), bragging to the world that I'm a Cat Killer.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool 20 to 30mph??????

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Correct, awsome boat, for a V. Would you put any money on where it would place in P1 in a sanctioned race with the top 9 cats and itself? What would be your best guess? That's all I'm saying. And I believe Callan ran 203 in the Shootout back in 2003 and Bud ran 190 in 2001 in APBA, 20 to 30 mph faster than Cat Killer ever ran. That was even before it was built, let alone named. Look, all four of my boats are V's, but I would not run any against a similar setup in a Cat for $. And if I do go beat a cat on a given day, I'm for sure not going to sound like Tripple Digits, (Reggie Jr), bragging to the world that I'm a Cat Killer.
well 177 mph for CK and 190 mph for Bud...............both running the biggest Sterlings they can get their hands on, thats 13MPH at best???????????????????????????????
Old 06-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blume
well 177 mph for CK and 190 mph for Bud...............both running the biggest Sterlings they can get their hands on, thats 13MPH at best???????????????????????????????
171 for CK, 189 for Bud 6 years earlier, much closer to 20 than 13.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered

The next challenge for Panasonic Rio Roses Fountain Mercury race boat will be to take on the Unlimited Offshore World Speed Record. Although Fountain Powerboats claims the current record, set at 171.888 mph by a Fountain 42' Lightning with twin 1,500-hp Sterling engines, the Fountain team feels the #15 race boat can beat it. "There is going to be a new Kilo," Knight announced, referring to a measured-distance challenge. "We'll raise the current speed record at that event, and we'll do it before the Miami boat show."

Quote from Fountain in November 2006.

The Bud also ran over 180 in 2000. I also think Bacardi Silver ran 203 in 2003. Don't really want to get into this, almost bought a Fountain SC instead of the BT. Liked the BT a little better for speed with the same power. But it was very close.

Last edited by Ratickle; 06-28-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 171mph???????????????

Originally Posted by Ratickle
171 for CK, 189 for Bud 6 years earlier, much closer to 20 than 13.
171mph was a 2 way average...............thats the way a legal kilo is run............. 177mph was the fastest of the two. And I really don't want to get into it either but at some point you get tired of all the false Bull hit.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blume
171mph was a 2 way average...............thats the way a legal kilo is run............. 177mph was the fastest of the two. And I really don't want to get into it either but at some point you get tired of all the false Bull hit.
Budweiser 36' Race Boat, powered by Sterling Performance
2001 APBA National & World Champion
APBA Kilo Record - 188.858 MPH
APBA Kilo One-way Speed 190.054 MPH

Also two way average set at Reggies record trials in NC.

Quick Reply: Cat Killer Returns!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.