Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Heated storage and abilty to work on your boat. >

Heated storage and abilty to work on your boat.

Notices

Heated storage and abilty to work on your boat.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are some real good prices just for the boat. Pleasure Cove is several thousand for winter months.

However the real expense lies in the heating of the area or building. Even at 50-60 degree's its expensive, especially depending on the square footage your heating. I can fit 3 45's next to one another with tow rigs still connected, with a few feet to spare, and a few more 30-35's off to the side. Again, just not sure about opening up the extra space.

If OSD is going to run a business out of there, then its just part of the cost of doing business regarding the heating.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 45Tripps
Those are some real good prices just for the boat. Pleasure Cove is several thousand for winter months.

However the real expense lies in the heating of the area or building. Even at 50-60 degree's its expensive, especially depending on the square footage your heating. I can fit 3 45's next to one another with tow rigs still connected, with a few feet to spare, and a few more 30-35's off to the side. Again, just not sure about opening up the extra space.

If OSD is going to run a business out of there, then its just part of the cost of doing business regarding the heating.
and guys spend good coin on having there car,boat,truck,jet ski ,rv in a heated storage ... around our area a car example vette or porshe 500.00 jet ski no trailer on a cart 250.00 .. can fit alot of those toys in a decent size bldg

WANTED - set of PSI Superchargers w snouts & adapter plates
Old 11-03-2011, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
For reference:

$150/month- Old Newburg Fire House. Price is per bay and there are 4 bays. Includes electric but not heat. Heat is available if someone (or all 4) were willing to pay the oil bill. A 45' Sonic was in there last year, could go slightly bigger.

$200/month- window and siding warehouse in Temple Hills. Storage is in separate area than production but is secure. It is kept around 50-60 degrees. Can fit 4 40 footers, can have access to boat but can't pull it in/out since they are kind of shoe horned in with 2 facing each way and trailer tounges meeting in the middle if that paints a better picture (he has forklift that makes that happen).

I know you are in a different area but kind of an idea what pricing was when I was looking last year.
I was going to figure it out by foot and need. ex: if someone just wanted it inside in a corner, it would be a flat per foot fee. if someone wanted to be able to pull it out in a bigger or more lighted area with electric and water available for testing washing cleaning waxing it would be a diff per foot price. If i decide to do it I will have a trailer dolly for people to hook up and move about.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by 45Tripps

I was talking with Jerry as he was finishing it up, the facility is beautiful, took him many years to be able to get it to that point.