Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Heated storage and abilty to work on your boat. >

Heated storage and abilty to work on your boat.

Notices

Heated storage and abilty to work on your boat.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts
Question Heated storage and abilty to work on your boat.

Next year I'm looking to expand into a bigger building in the Anne Arundel county area. My question is, any of the folks on here that like to work on their own boats during the winter months, would you be interested in renting insured space for working on the project or just inside warm, insured storage space.

I'm thinking about setting it up with heat,electric and water, possible a gantry and some other things one might need to perform their own maintenance....thoughts?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Expensive to heat a large whse in the winter around here. Personal experience.

But it is nice to work on your stuff year round out of the elements. I keep mine inside year round, and have space for a few more. Havent decided about opening up the additional space I have as of yet.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rent a building 50 x 16 - It was designed for motorhomes. Free electricity and water. I plug up a radiant electric heater and set it at 50 degrees. Not bad for 300 bucks a month. It's also a new building , gated w/ cameras.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'm not worrying about the heating of it as I will be running my business out of it as well, that is the main purpose and too keep my boats inside all winter, I have clients that need more space to store their car collections, so I was just putting offers out is anyone would be interested. I am sure I will get the few that wait till the last minute or a project pops up for someone.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

If I lived closer I'd be in, just a lil too far for me to drive to wrench. It think Jodie would hate me but I'd be happy to be out for the day!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Panther
If I lived closer I'd be in, just a lil too far for me to drive to wrench. It think Jodie would hate me but I'd be happy to be out for the day!
too bad, it was your gantry I was volunteering, depending where it is it will only be a half hour to 45 mins for you...maybe ill set up a daycare too for additional fee..
Old 11-02-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by 45Tripps
Expensive to heat a large whse in the winter around here. Personal experience.

But it is nice to work on your stuff year round out of the elements. I keep mine inside year round, and have space for a few more. Havent decided about opening up the additional space I have as of yet.

very good point Tripps we heat ours with non highway diesel instead of used motor oil and use 2000 gallons Nov thru April at $3.15 per = but working on your toys in our frigid winter in shorts & a tshirt is priceless

WANTED - set of PSI Superchargers w snouts & adapter plates
Old 11-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
too bad, it was your gantry I was volunteering, depending where it is it will only be a half hour to 45 mins for you...maybe ill set up a daycare too for additional fee..
1/2 hour might work...then I'd supply the Gantry.

by the way Rob, there's another member with the same exact first and last name as you for his screen name and when I see the posts it makes me say WTF every time! lol

Last edited by Panther; 11-02-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
very good point Tripps we heat ours with non highway diesel instead of used motor oil and use 2000 gallons Nov thru April at $3.15 per = but working on your toys in our frigid winter in shorts & a tshirt is priceless

WANTED - set of PSI Superchargers w snouts & adapter plates

True That !!! Very nice indeed to work inside year round really, but being in out of the cold weather is priceless.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For reference:

$150/month- Old Newburg Fire House. Price is per bay and there are 4 bays. Includes electric but not heat. Heat is available if someone (or all 4) were willing to pay the oil bill. A 45' Sonic was in there last year, could go slightly bigger.

$200/month- window and siding warehouse in Temple Hills. Storage is in separate area than production but is secure. It is kept around 50-60 degrees. Can fit 4 40 footers, can have access to boat but can't pull it in/out since they are kind of shoe horned in with 2 facing each way and trailer tounges meeting in the middle if that paints a better picture (he has forklift that makes that happen).

I know you are in a different area but kind of an idea what pricing was when I was looking last year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.