Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Mid Atlantic US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/mid-atlantic-us-223/)
-   -   Lake Anna Fun Run -- Feeler (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/mid-atlantic-us/268823-lake-anna-fun-run-feeler.html)

smcser 01-25-2012 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by mlb75 (Post 3601328)
Well it sounds like this is shaping up to be a don't miss event. Looks like this could be a good season for the VA area boaters, SML poker run at the end of May, this in June, July is full with the fourth, Jammin on the James, PPP on the James, Poker Run for a Cure at the end of July, etc etc.

One question about lake Anna though would be water temp that time of year. If the idea is to raft up at a sandbar etc then I hope the water is warm, I'm not a fan of cold water :)

The water can get too warm depending on the weather and rain fall. June could be a good time for water temps compaired to later in the year.

smcser 01-25-2012 02:13 PM

Another issue can be the bridge heights. Some of them are real low (can touch them on a jetski).

My Addiction 01-25-2012 03:53 PM

when is hot boat weekend?

Beak Boater 01-25-2012 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by My Addiction (Post 3601509)
when is hot boat weekend?

It has fallen on the same Sat. as the Potomac River poker run before. Its usually in June I think. Could be wrong, you know I am getting old.:drink:

Quartershot2004 01-26-2012 06:57 AM

The Hot Boat weekend is June 8th and 9th this year.

My Addiction 01-26-2012 08:37 PM

damn! MPC Reiter Cup is the 9th of June also. Maybe there is a reason I never make it to that Lake.

seltzer 01-27-2012 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by My Addiction (Post 3602618)
damn! MPC Reiter Cup is the 9th of June also. Maybe there is a reason I never make it to that Lake.

Maybe you're not wanted on this side of Harry Nice.:angry-smiley-038:

My Addiction 01-27-2012 10:13 PM

:evilb:

Originally Posted by seltzer (Post 3603185)
Maybe you're not wanted on this side of Harry Nice.:angry-smiley-038:

If I new Sussan a little better I would light you up with that comment:evilb:
where you gonna be on June 9:party-smiley-004:. ? MD

Famous Tater 02-03-2012 02:47 PM

Jacks Weller's event is always a great time! i would love to see this run get pulled off this summer. While we are on the subject of this new adventure...

We (RRBA) are working with the American Cancer Society to get together a fun run/poker run this year on the Rappahannock River and would really appreciate it if you guys could come out for a good time and also for a good cause! Event details are coming but, looking tenatively like it will be around mid August. Would others be interested???

I am not trying to hijack this thread at all! I only brought it up because I am interested in attending the run on the lake and I already planned to be at Jack's event. I thought that most of you guys that would attend a run on Lake Anna would be the same group that would be available to run on the Rappahannock. Only reason I brought it up here! Carry on....

Thanks guys and gals.

My Addiction 03-22-2012 09:18 PM

Status on a L.A. fun run. Weekends are filling up fast.

Tims Potomac River Poker Run is June 16th