Good place to launch in Maryland ? >

Good place to launch in Maryland ?

Notices

Good place to launch in Maryland ?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hanover street

has anyone ever launched anything over 35 foot at harbor hospital off hanover street in Baltimore? I have seen some 35's launch there but it seems a little steep.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When i was young My friends father would launch from there all the time because it was free. I've seen some big 35-38 foot cabin cruisers launched there from time to time. If you don't mind all the needles floating in the water and hobos hanging around there it's alright. Based on your signature you have a 42 sonic? I'd probably tow it Afew extra miles to a nicer ramp. Even if it cost Afew dollars. You prob have a nice tow rig and I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my stuff there while I was out. I think you can launch at jaws marine? It's only 5 or so more miles up the street. I know they have a ramp there.. Good luck. Where do you keep the boat if you're looking to launch from there? Just curious.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by laigle
Just read that they redid that one and the one in Centreville. Wonder how crowded they will be, and if there are size limitations.
The ramp across from Redeye's gets ugly on weekends, parking sucks. Very little parking for long trailers, we've gotten a couple of parking tickets because of where we parked. The ramp in Centreville is about 2 miles from my house, even at high tide I can't get the boat off the trailer.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

That current RIPS though Kent Narrows. You had better know what you are doing at that ramp.

This is a decent ramp up near Baltimore: http://www.jawsmarine.net/contact.html
Old 04-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dragrcr1005
has anyone ever launched anything over 35 foot at harbor hospital off hanover street in Baltimore? I have seen some 35's launch there but it seems a little steep.
We have launched a 39 Outerlimits there with no sweat. Not sure I'd leave a rig there though.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:53 AM
Airking
VIP Member

[QUOTE=Sydwayz;3904705]That current RIPS though Kent Narrows. You had better know what you are doing at that ramp.

+1 Been there done that. Its a challenging place to launch and even harder to load. Especially if you are broke down. And you better hope your trailer does not float.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Boater8987
+1 Been there done that. Its a challenging place to launch and even harder to load. Especially if you are broke down. And you better hope your trailer does not float.

I did the same with a broken drive on my 37. It was impossible to even get to the ramp. IIRC, we rafted/tied it tight to my buddy's 24x7 Sunsation and drove them both over to the ramp like a twin engine boat.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
When i was young My friends father would launch from there all the time because it was free. I've seen some big 35-38 foot cabin cruisers launched there from time to time. If you don't mind all the needles floating in the water and hobos hanging around there it's alright. Based on your signature you have a 42 sonic? I'd probably tow it Afew extra miles to a nicer ramp. Even if it cost Afew dollars. You prob have a nice tow rig and I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my stuff there while I was out. I think you can launch at jaws marine? It's only 5 or so more miles up the street. I know they have a ramp there.. Good luck. Where do you keep the boat if you're looking to launch from there? Just curious.
I currently keep the boat on a trailer at my house in finksburg. it should be on a lift next summer but this year I am gonna have to trailer it. I have launched my old powerquest at the hospital and left my truck there with no issues in the past. ofcourse sandy point is probably best but I like boating in the Baltimore waters north of the bridge. sandy point just seems out of the way for me. would like to find something in middle river or off the Patapsco. jaws is an idea. not sure what the facility looks like but I know where they are. might be worth checking into.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
That current RIPS though Kent Narrows. You had better know what you are doing at that ramp.

This is a decent ramp up near Baltimore: http://www.jawsmarine.net/contact.html
have you ever used the jaws ramp? wonder what the hours are?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure of their hours but it is a nice quality ramp and it's no no wake as soon as you leave there you can throw the coals to it. Dumps you out basically right at the patapsco bridge in Curtis creek. Give them a call and check hours but They are good people.

Last edited by mickeymcclgn; 04-15-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.