Like Tree230Likes

Chesapeake Bay Family and Friends NON EVENT 2017

Reply
Old 11-12-2016, 08:33 AM
  #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chesapeake Bay
My Boats: Donzi 35Zr
Posts: 72
Default

We are in for this event. Its always weather contingent.....but do we have an estimated day for the event?
ShootinRopes35z is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:15 AM
  #12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
HyFive578's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 2009 47 Fountain Lightning / Triple 525EFI's
Posts: 1,674
Default

Oh yeah!!! I'm in.
HyFive578 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:19 AM
  #13
"because we can"
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
badmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Maryland
My Boats: Not another 353 Fastech
Posts: 1,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootinRopes35z View Post
We are in for this event. Its always weather contingent.....but do we have an estimated day for the event?
I am thinking late April or Early May. I am in talks with several marinas working out logistics for launching and docking..... my initial thought was to launch out of Sandy Point State Park....the problem there is just they have no real docks to have the boats get in the water and set there boats up and have crews get their acts together....We would have to get in the water and pretty much roll out quickly....things to work out. I've already spoken with the folks at the "Chesapeake Inn" in Chesapeake City. Eddie has emailed me their menu options. I have also spoken with the folks at Chesapeake bay Bridge Marina...they have a great marina, nice docks and a terrific restaurant on site. I am also thinking that I make this a "LIGHTHOUSE" run...run the southern and northern portions of the bay around the lighthouses...there is a ton of history with Chesapeake Bay...give you out of town folks the chance to see the bay....have a lunch and dinner stop..... Of course this is going to take me a bit of time to work out details but this is roughly my plan. Any locals willing to give me some insights and thoughts are certainly welcomed. I will probably limit this first time to 35-40 boats...unless of course I am able to make a 50+ boat fleet work....TBD...I appreciate the interest!!! I think this will work out to be a great day on the water for the families and friends and give our friends from NY, VA and other places the chance to experience the amazing Chesapeake Bay.


Stay tuned,


Chris
badmonkey is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:04 AM
  #14
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chesapeake Bay
My Boats: Donzi 35Zr
Posts: 72
Default

Keep FUEL in mind...I like earlier rather than later in the season so not opposed to early April. Access to fuel stops would have to be verified. We would be trailering from Reading, PA so splashing at Anchor Marine in North East would suit the Northern groups better than fighting tolls/traffic to go all the way to the Bay Bridge. (I realize its the opposite for the Southern/AA County crews as well)

A number of years back when I had another boat I was involved in a run that went from Cape May, NJ to Kent Island, MD. That made for a long day and lots of fuel burn but we overnighted at the HGI in Kent Island and had plenty of space to tie up.Would the Jetty or Red Eyes make for a better origin point since they have the capacity? I am with you on the concern about time to load and unload at the dock....with families that is critical. I've been known to remember pulling in the fenders but totally forgot about one of the kids standing on the dock....lol
ShootinRopes35z is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:11 PM
  #15
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Port Deposit Md
My Boats: 2000 35 Lightning, 98 29' fever (Sold), 23' Welcraft Nova (Sold), 18' Nitro, 17' Duckboat, 16' Crabbing boat (Sold)
Posts: 498
Default

Chris: I'm up for just about any run on the bay. I hope my schedule at that time of year allows us to make it and the weather is good. You have my number so let me know if I can help out. Mark
fordf350 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:30 PM
  #16
"because we can"
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
badmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Maryland
My Boats: Not another 353 Fastech
Posts: 1,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordf350 View Post
Chris: I'm up for just about any run on the bay. I hope my schedule at that time of year allows us to make it and the weather is good. You have my number so let me know if I can help out. Mark
Mark,

Thanks for the response. I will certainly hit you up soon. Have a great Thanksgiving holiday with your family.

Speak soon,

Chris
badmonkey is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:25 AM
  #17
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
HyFive578's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 2009 47 Fountain Lightning / Triple 525EFI's
Posts: 1,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
I am thinking late April or Early May. I am in talks with several marinas working out logistics for launching and docking..... my initial thought was to launch out of Sandy Point State Park....the problem there is just they have no real docks to have the boats get in the water and set there boats up and have crews get their acts together....We would have to get in the water and pretty much roll out quickly....things to work out. I've already spoken with the folks at the "Chesapeake Inn" in Chesapeake City. Eddie has emailed me their menu options. I have also spoken with the folks at Chesapeake bay Bridge Marina...they have a great marina, nice docks and a terrific restaurant on site. I am also thinking that I make this a "LIGHTHOUSE" run...run the southern and northern portions of the bay around the lighthouses...there is a ton of history with Chesapeake Bay...give you out of town folks the chance to see the bay....have a lunch and dinner stop..... Of course this is going to take me a bit of time to work out details but this is roughly my plan. Any locals willing to give me some insights and thoughts are certainly welcomed. I will probably limit this first time to 35-40 boats...unless of course I am able to make a 50+ boat fleet work....TBD...I appreciate the interest!!! I think this will work out to be a great day on the water for the families and friends and give our friends from NY, VA and other places the chance to experience the amazing Chesapeake Bay.


Stay tuned,


Chris
Obviously Chris, you know what you're doing but if I were to add my $.02, having a place with enough dock space is probably the most important thing. Remember what it took to get everyone in and out on October 1. I really hope the stars line up on this and I know I'm only one person, but I cannot make it the weekend of May 13; my son is graduating from college.
HyFive578 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:59 PM
  #18
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
My Boats: Active Thunder 28 Savage.... Active Thunder 25
Posts: 147
Default

Chris, you already know that Erik and I are in. There is no doubt in my mind you'll have the logistics perfect. Keep us posted!!!
SHORTFUSE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:53 PM
  #19
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miller Place, NY
My Boats: 04 cigarette Topgun
Posts: 99
Default

I'm definitely interested
tdbrickndirt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:48 AM
  #20
Registered
 
CBlakeNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Williamsburg, VA
My Boats: 33'6 Formula
Posts: 1,884
Default

I will be in!
CBlakeNS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.