Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
LOTO: The Congested Boating Safety Act (30/300) >

LOTO: The Congested Boating Safety Act (30/300)

Notices

LOTO: The Congested Boating Safety Act (30/300)

Old 01-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds like political careers in the making. And just because their title has Missouri State Water Patrol in it, does not mean they are not politicians.

There has been very little change in laws or enforcement on the lake while the population has exploded along with the "better than the Jone's" boat escalation.

With nothing being done for so long, the chance of enforcing anything the legislature may dream up, is very slim. How often do any of us who spend any time at all on The Lake see the 100 foot law violated? I think it would be great to get rid of all the No Wake targets out there, might as well.

Let's get back to the first big crackdown (besides the Coast Guard at Party Cove) encapsulated foam. With a year left, I believe Ameren is going to have their hands full trying to enforce this ruling. Don't get me wrong, when I hit the main channel at sunrise and see a sea of tiny white styro' for miles, I can't wait to see all the stuff gone but when I witness a marina encircle it's docks in encapsulated and leave the center sections as is, that shows me what enforcement will require.

This is all about regulation and enforcement when commen sense and courtesy appear to have been abandoned. We do not need new laws, they need to enforce the old ones. Nowhere in any of these articles that have been popping up due to Amerens/FERC aggrement expiriation have I read anything about education. Chances are, a lot of the kids who are required to take a safety course know the states boating laws better than the parents who try to help them through the online class!

Just my 2cents

And that's a good lookin' dock omerta.

Last edited by Screamineagle; 01-14-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Ozark Village does nice work as does Stokes.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Glad to know you had a good experience with Ozark village , they are one place giving me the bid
Ok, VB, spill it. I heard on another thread about used boat prices, now docks, what is it going to be? Project buy or finished turnkey? Hammer
Old 01-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I knew I'd tell you!

The house we bought we let the dock go because what they wanted for it and the cost to reconfigure it cost more than a new one.

As for boats, I missed the deal I wanted but that was my fault so now I'm tryin to move forward. I'll let you know when I know!