Old 01-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Check out www.vrbo.com
Old 01-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd vote for Tan Tara, it's newer, and I think nicer, lots more to do without leaving the grounds. Outside pool is very nice, along with the inside water park, golf right there, horses, putt putt, it's for the whole family.
Also you're at the 26MM so you're kind of in the middle of LOTO, you can go either way for your boating.
You can put your boat in the water at Surdyes (sp) right at the back of the cove, and usually store your trailer there too.
Good luck, I hope your wife likes it, mine did 12 years ago, we even got married at Tan Tara
Old 01-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I have not stayed at 4 seasons lodge or Tan Tara for a long time, so I am wondering if some of their stuff has been through some renovation??? They have more complete facilities, but the units you stay in at places like Land's End would be much nicer accomodations while you are in the rooms. But it just depends on what you are looking for.

My opinion is Land's End is one of the best condos to stay at in the area considering proximity to all the restaurants and other activities both on and off the water. And they have killer views from the back screened in porches...
I last stayed at Tan Tara a few years back right after they opened the indoor water park. Kids loved it. Place is still a bit run-down and in terrible need of renovation but for the most part it is clean and serviceable. 4 Seasons is in the same boat. My son loved that we could swim outside in the winter with the snow coming down on our heads but other than that, the place is in dire need of updating. I would recommend a newer condo complex such as the Towers, Parkview Bay, Land's End, or the newer units at Lazy Days. I've stayed at them all and they would serve you well.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Registered

Not sure if this would work, but I have a 3Br (master BR with jacuzzi) unit at the Lodge of Four Seasons Country Club (as opposed to the hotel). It really is one of the nicest and largest units ath the CC. The unit has one lock-out room, with its own kitchenette.. It sleeps 6-8 and is extremely nice....full kitchen. I have a golf package included (only pay for carts) at their course--very nice course(probably runs about $70 per round). You get all amenities of the Country Club, pools (indoor and out), tennis, 1st class excercise facility, etc. What I have is a timeshare, and quite frankly it is great, but I usually go to Florida. My summer dates this year are May18-25 and Aug 10-17. Call me if you have an interest......kevin @ 217-836-2430.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by grinder2304
Not sure if this would work, but I have a 3Br (master BR with jacuzzi) unit at the Lodge of Four Seasons Country Club (as opposed to the hotel). It really is one of the nicest and largest units ath the CC. The unit has one lock-out room, with its own kitchenette.. It sleeps 6-8 and is extremely nice....full kitchen. I have a golf package included (only pay for carts) at their course--very nice course(probably runs about $70 per round). You get all amenities of the Country Club, pools (indoor and out), tennis, 1st class excercise facility, etc. What I have is a timeshare, and quite frankly it is great, but I usually go to Florida. My summer dates this year are May18-25 and Aug 10-17. Call me if you have an interest......kevin @ 217-836-2430.
That is a Trent Jones course - it is way more than $70 to play it!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I've played RTJ aka Witches Cove. Its pretty nice and cost us about $80 to play. Kinderhook makes it look average though.

Also, The Four Seasons Raquet and Country Club that he is talking about is not waterfront or even very close to it.

http://www.rci.com/RCI/RCIW/RCIW_ind...esortCode=2751
Old 02-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I've played RTJ aka Witches Cove. Its pretty nice and cost us about $80 to play. Kinderhook makes it look average though.

Also, The Four Seasons Raquet and Country Club that he is talking about is not waterfront or even very close to it.

http://www.rci.com/RCI/RCIW/RCIW_ind...esortCode=2751
I'm not a huge fan of the RTJ Withces Cove course...I have not played Kinderhook...Osage Nat'l is nice...Porto Cima is awesome and ranked in the top ten is the state by Golf Digest (Jack Nicklaus Signature Course) but private.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:26 AM
Registered

I sure do not want to defend the offer of the place (Lodge of 4 Seasons Country Club) that I had earlier mentioned. However, consider the package: 3 BR excelent unit that sleeps up to eight, jacuzzi in master BR; use of all amenities--1st class health club; pool/BBQ area close to unit; golf included for 4 persons per day (at least a net value of $200/ day) and fine dining. Yes, it is not close to water, as it sits high (great view), but we have our own docks to rent (I believe they are $10/day and our own launch/trailer area, which are very easy to get to from my unit., via the back road by my unit. I had not mentioned the price, but was thinking of offering the place to a fellow boater for $150/per day for week......this doesn't even cover the value of the golf.

Considering everything, I doubt that this price for value could be equalled anywhere at LOTO....maybe I am wrong?
Old 02-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by grinder2304
I sure do not want to defend the offer of the place (Lodge of 4 Seasons Country Club) that I had earlier mentioned. However, consider the package: 3 BR excelent unit that sleeps up to eight, jacuzzi in master BR; use of all amenities--1st class health club; pool/BBQ area close to unit; golf included for 4 persons per day (at least a net value of $200/ day) and fine dining. Yes, it is not close to water, as it sits high (great view), but we have our own docks to rent (I believe they are $10/day and our own launch/trailer area, which are very easy to get to from my unit., via the back road by my unit. I had not mentioned the price, but was thinking of offering the place to a fellow boater for $150/per day for week......this doesn't even cover the value of the golf.

Considering everything, I doubt that this price for value could be equalled anywhere at LOTO....maybe I am wrong?
I don't think anyone is knocking the deal. Sounds like a sweet deal to me. I'm in Witches Cove right across the cove. I can watch folks putt out on the 3rd hole from my back deck.

As far as the courses at LOTO, it is all relative to other places you are use to. In my opinion, every course down there smokes anything we have in central Illinois. Some just are nicer than others. Porta Cima is definitely one of the nicest.