Where to stay loto? >

Where to stay loto?

Notices

Where to stay loto?

Old 01-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to stay loto?

I'm sitting in the house(0 degrees outside) planning boat trips for the summer. I want to take the family, wife, 6 yr old and possibly inlaws down to LOTO. I have never been down there. I've looked through the visitors guide but would like some local input. I want to be able to dock my 29 ft boat all weekend, pool for the child and an awesome restaurant and bar. My wife would like to stay at a Four Seasons with a five star restaurant and doesn't like spiders, if you get my drift. She's actually OK, works hard and just likes to go to nice places when not at work. We plan on boating most the time and if inlaws go, they may golf. Also, would like a great restaurant to boat to for dinner. Sorry if this sounds so demanding, but if my wife likes it, we'll be back!!!!
It seems that I have narrowed it to three places: Tan-Tar-A resort, The resort at Port Arrowhead and The Lodge of Four Seasons. Any other suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks for any responses.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Lodge or Tan-Tar-A as you mentioned; hotel, marina, pool, restaurants, golf. There is also Old Kinderhook up the Niangua thought it would be more of a condo/golf although you can get condos the the Lodge or Tan-Tar-A as well.

If you perfer more action then the Horny Toad would be an option assuming they finish some of the new condo/hotel units. You'd have eveything but the golf...but could go play Ossage National which is a very nice public course. .
Old 01-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tan tara has the cool inside water park for the six year old.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

What he said above. I have a condo at the 19mm. I rent out ocassionally. We are right in the middle of everything.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a couple units @ loto and for your wifes taste I would vote for Tan Tara or The Lodge. I would probably pick Tan Tara over the lodge just because I like the location better.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Registered

Four Seasons and the TanTarA are arguably the nicest places to stay at the lake--I live here and usually take the kids to the waterpark at TanTarA every year and you can't go wrong with either--TanTarA might be a little more kid friendly and has more restaurants on site to choose from.
I live right across from Four Seasons and am a little partial to this area..here is a link to my web camera and that is Four Seasons you see..well not right now cause it is dark and pretty friggen cold here too:
http://24.182.136.174/
Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree,,,,,, Tan Tara is where we stayed until we started doing the condo thing with friends.

It was nice to have something to do onsite if the weather was bad.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Both resorts are spread out and you will most likely have to drive to everything. I would just rent a condo with a slip. Stay on the Osage Beach side in the 10mm-25mm area and you will be right in the middle of everything. Keep in mind, that means the water will be very rough on the weekend.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I have not stayed at 4 seasons lodge or Tan Tara for a long time, so I am wondering if some of their stuff has been through some renovation??? They have more complete facilities, but the units you stay in at places like Land's End would be much nicer accomodations while you are in the rooms. But it just depends on what you are looking for.

My opinion is Land's End is one of the best condos to stay at in the area considering proximity to all the restaurants and other activities both on and off the water. And they have killer views from the back screened in porches...
Old 01-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have stayed @parkveiw bay many times great place go to fun lake and look up lake view rentals Jerry Mahoney
http://www.funlake.com/accommodation...ail.php?id=222

Quick Reply: Where to stay loto?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.