Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Water Patrol Loto????? >

Water Patrol Loto?????

Notices

Water Patrol Loto?????

Old 03-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that a boy! looks good from what I can see on the pic lol. I'll be down at LOTO this weekend. prob gonna go to city grill sat night if anybodys interested. can't miss me 6'3 250 spikey dark hair.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Are you looking at a boat at that is at LOTO. I may know the boat you're talking about???? 525sc's???? with bigger blowers??? It is not as loud as a full dry and mixes some water at the end and has mufflers. If we're talking about the same boat you should be fine.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:39 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Are you looking at a boat at that is at LOTO. I may know the boat you're talking about???? 525sc's???? with bigger blowers??? It is not as loud as a full dry and mixes some water at the end and has mufflers. If we're talking about the same boat you should be fine.

No, the boat he is looking at is out of state...
Bottom line, I think you will be fine Memorial Day to Labor Day. Before and after those holidays there is very little for the WP to do, so they will be more likely to pull you over for such a violation. Another way would be if your neighbors complain at Emerald Bay, but I don't think that will be a problem. You may want to invest in some "donkey dicks" and play it safe or just wait until you have issues. I have been in and ran boats down there for years and none of them have been legal within the db guidelines. Just be aware of your surroundings and remember it is just giving them a reason to pull you over, so make sure you are legal everywhere else. Lifejackets, docs, sober, etc....
Old 03-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

you will get pulled over, they will tell you to take your boat to your slip, they may even follow you,you will then have to get it legal on the j-2005 test, and call WP so they can come check it. turndowns are the only bet for over 100-105 dcb, almost every muffler will reduce by 10-12 dcb's tried over 10 sets.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boonville1963
you will get pulled over, they will tell you to take your boat to your slip, they may even follow you,you will then have to get it legal on the j-2005 test, and call WP so they can come check it. turndowns are the only bet for over 100-105 dcb, almost every muffler will reduce by 10-12 dcb's tried over 10 sets.
thanks good info.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The fine is $100 bucks. As long as your not a jack off they wont kick you off of the lake or follow you home. At worst the first time you get a warning, second time a ticket, third time a ticket and go back to the dock and stay there till the problem is fixed etc.... There are so many loud a** boats that you will most likely blend in on any busy weekend. Now with my luck since i said that I will get kicked off the lake!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WeaponX
Put a pair of tips on it you'll be fine. I was dealing with a pair of 1100's on a cat. They do not like rooster tails at all.
Why does the WP not like rooster tails?
Old 03-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tonypo8
The fine is $100 bucks. As long as your not a jack off they wont kick you off of the lake or follow you home. At worst the first time you get a warning, second time a ticket, third time a ticket and go back to the dock and stay there till the problem is fixed etc.... There are so many loud a** boats that you will most likely blend in on any busy weekend. Now with my luck since i said that I will get kicked off the lake!!!
In a V with standard power yes.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not had any problems with my 39TG 700's wet w/stock Cig mufflers. Was stopped for registration, but noise was never mentioned.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tonypo8
JACK OFF huh, maybe but not an idiot. I guess I will just have to see. thinking about grabing a pair of clamp on imco muffs. that way at least it looks like i'm trying.

Quick Reply: Water Patrol Loto?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.