Biggest LOTO waves???

Notices

Biggest LOTO waves???

Old 12-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
So cool is right, thanks for the additional visual aids!!

What a second, is that a condom machine?! What's about to happen in that picture??
LOl I think it is hahahha
Old 12-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

http://youtu.be/AOv40FefvHI Apache water?
Old 12-29-2014, 06:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ham_r_down01
it's just a great lake... LOTO is bad on a busy weekend lol
Old 12-30-2014, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 754 Likes on 406 Posts

Pretty sure no one being serious actually believes LOTO is rougher than any of the Great Lakes. Everything is relative.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Pretty sure no one being serious actually believes LOTO is rougher than any of the Great Lakes. Everything is relative.
I hear ya, I have had guys tell me that it gets rougher then our lake on a busy weekend.... well maybe thats true if Erie is calm that day... anyone who has ran the Sandusky channel knows what I am saying...
Old 12-30-2014, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been told that loto is worse then Erie buy a super boat guy on here. That being sead he has never been here sooooo.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 754 Likes on 406 Posts

My annual family LOTO trip has been over the 4th of July for many, many years. Obviously that timeframe is among the handful of the worst you will see the water there. I've been all over that lake during that week/weekend in a 26' boat. Yeah, I'm tucked in running upper 20's to low 30's and occasionally having to slow to ride a massive cruiser wake like a surfboard but I always got to my destination without much drama. The water never kept me at the dock if there was somewhere I wanted to go. At the time I was staying at the 14 MM on the main channel and would usually frequent places as far down as Dick's on the Osage or as far up as Time Out (closed now) up the Gravois. That's roughly a 50 mile stretch of the lake. I've also been in a 43' F-4 Sunsation running the main channel post Shootout when it was still held at Shooter's 21. I've read/heard the stories of guy's talking how their boats can eat that water up at 80 MPH and not spill a drop out of their beer. BS. Even in a 43', 11K lb. boat you are going to get tossed around a bit in certain water there. So yes, LOTO can get rough at times and if you are in the wrong boat or don't know what you are doing it can get dangerous. That type of water only occurs a few times out of the year and is still managable even in smaller equipment if you know what you are doing. LOTO is basically a river in terms of width with plenty of shoreline protection. It is never going to see the wind driven waves the Great Lakes see.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no desires to go to LOTO. With how nasty the waves get and all the accidents I hear about.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Nick
I have no desires to go to LOTO. With how nasty the waves get and all the accidents I hear about.
You are missing out on the best destination in the midwest. Just go for a week around the end of July or so, it is not very busy during the week.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
yep, people don't get what the great lakes are.... LOTO big water.... ya right..
Having boat on Lake Michigan for over 30 years and living at LOTO I will tell you one thing. When the water is big on the great lakes boat DO NOT leave the docks. LOTO is rough every weekend from boat traffic. Holiday weekends is stupid rough.

Quick Reply: Biggest LOTO waves???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.