Biggest LOTO waves??? >

Biggest LOTO waves???

Notices

Biggest LOTO waves???

Old 12-31-2015, 12:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

I think warning people not to come because of the wave size is just being a little dramatic. You don't HAVE to run 90mph when all hell is breaking loose. I ran my little fishing boat all over that lake with 6 people and never took a splash. It's rough and different than open water...the cruiser waves are for real so you just need to use both of your brain cells at the same time. The biggest hazard on the lake during busy times is the other boaters. Half of them don't know the rules, aren't extremely courteous, and may be drunk as ****. That's every lake you go to....LOTO just has more people. Realize that a good portion of the boats leaving the shootout string are runabouts and pontoons. They all survive!.

The big lake and all the people is why I love going to LOTO. Never a dull moment. I look forward to the rough runs with hundreds of boats. That said..:I took a bigger boat this year LOL. When I buy my house there I'll probably keep a bigger one yet.

See you all this summer! Don't be causing a small craft warning out there
Old 01-15-2016, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my first ever trip to LOTO this past summer at the end of July. We stayed on the Gravois Arm, right at the MM4. We rented a 25' Lowe with a Merc 150, since it was a family trip. We were on the water all day Friday and Saturday. We never went farther south than MM15, but we never had an issue with it getting to rough. It was no where near as bad as I expected. Had one hell of a time. Would love to come back with something a little faster.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

These are bit big!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ByGSMmenPDM?rel=0