Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Pictures from LOTO today >

Pictures from LOTO today

Notices

Pictures from LOTO today

Old 01-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

its the one with the red outdrives its a 83 sits right across from the fuel dock at big thunder. or use too.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Registered

all white with a red and white strips and blue sunpad rail. im not sure if its still there anymore is your friends name Rick?
Old 01-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow,

I was just down there over Xmas. it was 65-70 degrees 12/26/08

I have lived on the water all my life in Southern WI. I can't believe you guys can get way with that without significant ice damage. On Lakes up here everything comes out of the water docks & lifts.

Are those motors winterized?
Old 01-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered

if you put deicers around your dock or lift your ok( LOTO not sure up north) Im sure the weather is much different further north to where you need to pull eveything out of the water. I remember 2 or 3yrs ago they had a real bad snow storm and the snow and ice piled up on the roofs of the docks and they caved in. Port Arrowhead lost alot of boats that winter,
Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Registered

The only time ice is a problem is when the dock and lift freeze in solid and ameren lowers the lake and the ice thaws and the dock, lift, and boat fall through

the only time i recall that happening was in the early 80s we had 20"+ snow and below freezing temps for close to 3 weeks i had a srv360 searay and an imp aztec that where damaged prety bad
Old 01-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by catman
The only time ice is a problem is when the dock and lift freeze in solid and ameren lowers the lake and the ice thaws and the dock, lift, and boat fall through

the only time i recall that happening was in the early 80s we had 20"+ snow and below freezing temps for close to 3 weeks i had a srv360 searay and an imp aztec that where damaged prety bad
Exactly. The issue is when the water levels change. Most folks think it is because the lifts and docks get encapsulated with ice. Not so.

The lifts on our local lake get iced in for 2-3 months. But the lake level does not change, so it is not a problem. But if stuff gets iced in and the lake drops - problems arise.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Registered

You guys got it right that little deicer keeps the ice away or thin enough so the dock/lifts will move with the changing water level.
I will add pictures tomorow most of the ice and snow is gone as usual.
made for some cool pics though!
Thumper
Old 01-18-2009, 05:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fubard
all white with a red and white strips and blue sunpad rail. im not sure if its still there anymore is your friends name Rick?
Nope, Paul. Sounds like a different Hawk.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Registered

I know Rick very well. NICE Hawk!:
Old 01-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered

that use to me and my dads and ricks my dad passed away and i moved to florida. do i know you michaelschase???

Quick Reply: Pictures from LOTO today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.