watch your noise >

watch your noise

Notices

watch your noise

Old 07-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Try this, looks funky, but it works. 4" ss tailpipes, custom fab. Keeps the exhaust between the drives and pointed downward.
GK
Attached Thumbnails watch your noise-007.jpg  
Old 07-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

not at high speed tho. friend of mine had one here (ticket) 2 weeks ago because he was loud running 45 mph with twin 496 ho's...
Old 07-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
not at high speed tho. friend of mine had one here (ticket) 2 weeks ago because he was loud running 45 mph with twin 496 ho's...
how do they test you while you are in motion?here they only test at full dead rest
Old 07-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RMPRam
Try this, looks funky, but it works. 4" ss tailpipes, custom fab. Keeps the exhaust between the drives and pointed downward.
GK
That actually looks really good.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:48 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by mrquad1
how do they test you while you are in motion?here they only test at full dead rest
They have tested me as I was going by them at LOTO. Its 86db at over 50 feet away.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baywatch
I am surprised that a fountain with that stock package would be over 90. Especially with the swim platform and the resulting fountain rumble.

Any one got a meter so I guy can test himself before the wp does?
Trav owns one,you know he will help you. I already told him it was you.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:16 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by fountain4play
Nothing new....

They've been testing boats with their db meter for quite a while...I got my ticket back in 2007 on LOTO....$125.00 and off the lake until I got my slip in muffler's installed...
Fountain4Play - What do you mean by 'off the lake'? Was that because you didn't want another ticket, or were your boating privaleges legally taken away due to unlawful equipment (noise)?

Old 07-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered

well i know i am screwed. i am louder than every baja and all fountains even with 500hp's people cmment all the time telling me i sound twice as loud from the beach as anyone else with a single engine. I do not have captains call and i have those huge gil risers that only have about 4 inches of rubber hose before they meet the transom. do they check you for alchol also at that time?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
well i know i am screwed. i am louder than every baja and all fountains even with 500hp's people cmment all the time telling me i sound twice as loud from the beach as anyone else with a single engine. I do not have captains call and i have those huge gil risers that only have about 4 inches of rubber hose before they meet the transom. do they check you for alchol also at that time?
You give the MSWP any reason to pull you over, including noise, and you can bet they will ask you to submit to a sobriety test if they suspect or know you have been drinking.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:37 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
I see some commented, but I have to add my $.02 (now worth $.01)

I don't know where you boat, but on Lake Minnetonka, MN, you have to Count On Them Doing a Complete Safety Inspection Including Alcohol check, not some of the time, but ALL OF THE TIME. My boat has had NO Alcohol on it since July 17, 2004. I don't want to talk about July 16.

Off Shore boats (like the red Porsche in the left lane) are just too tempting to the WP.

Water on the water, Beer at the Pier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.