watch your noise

Notices

watch your noise

Old 07-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Fountain4Play - What do you mean by 'off the lake'? Was that because you didn't want another ticket, or were your boating privaleges legally taken away due to unlawful equipment (noise)?
What it meant was I could do one of two things....pull the boat out of the water or take it back to my dock immediatley.... It wasn't an option to continue to boat the WP officer said he would notify the other offices that I would have safe passage back to our place 17 miles away...

Funny thing is that once I got the slip-in's installed and decided to take them out a couple weeks later the same WP officer pulled me over within a 1 mile of our cove the first time back on the water....

He wanted to know if I had quieted it down. Not wanting to be a smarta$$ since I just spent a couple grand to get it done I replied yes I had installed the mufflers... He then asked if I had them checked...at that point I fired up one of the motors and asked him if he thought I needed to?

He said no they sounded fine and we went on our way...I have no problem with the noise requirements but do miss the sound of the boat un-muffled... I knew it was loud, I even brought one of our db meters from work and it was 105db's at idle in the cockpit....LOL...

I might even have to sign up for the Shoot-out just to be able to pull them out for a weekend now that they have an agreement with the WP for all of the racers...

Last edited by fountain4play; 07-21-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noise Noise Noise

O.K. I had enough we live here FULL Time the wife and kids like the windows to rattle when a boat goes by!!! Thats why we moved here!!!
Time to listen to full time residents!!! We all run to the deck when somthing with big cubic inches goes past.!!! just part of the lake.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES Im gonna paint Harley on the side pass it on
Old 07-22-2009, 01:17 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
well i know i am screwed. i am louder than every baja and all fountains even with 500hp's people cmment all the time telling me i sound twice as loud from the beach as anyone else with a single engine. I do not have captains call and i have those huge gil risers that only have about 4 inches of rubber hose before they meet the transom. do they check you for alchol also at that time?
Trust me, for what you have, you are not going to stand out at LOTO for being loud.

They will pretty much check/ask you about alcohol usage anytime they stop you.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MacGyver
Wisconsin, home of the 86db limit
Try 84 in MN!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default list state requirements

anyone knowing thier state or local db limits post them here as it will make a big impact on where all of us boaters will travel to,i personally want to hit several poker runs in different places but dont need a trip ruined due to not knowing all the requirements of the different places thanks
Old 02-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

No noise enforcement here in Nebraska. I think it says 86 or 89db on the books.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lake Cumberland has no noise restictions
Old 02-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Any boat operated on the waters of Wisconsin must be muffled to effectively reduce noise. Specifically, it is illegal to operate a boat that exceeds a noise level of 86 dB (decibels).

Minnesota
Boats built before January 1, 1982 must not exceed 84 decibels (dBA) during a pass-by test or 86 dBA measured during a stationary idle test.
Boats built on after January 1, 1982 must not exceed 82 decibels (dBA) during a pass-by test or 84 dBA measured during a stationary idle test.

Kansas
Any boat operated on the waters of Kansas must be muffled to effectively reduce vessel noise. An effective muffling system is required for the exhaust of each internal combustion engine and the use of cut-outs is prohibited. Specifically, it is illegal to operate a boat that exceeds a noise level of 86 decibels when measured on the “A” scale at a distance of 50 feet or greater.

Found this link online and replaced the state name in the url with what I wanted.
http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/s...ws/Kansas.html
Old 02-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

here is an easier map

http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/s...ements_map.asp
Old 02-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

try this link http://www.cpperformance.com/TechTip...noise_laws.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.