Central/Southern Indiana >

Central/Southern Indiana

Notices

Central/Southern Indiana

Old 12-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skoboat
This is the first time in 10-15 years we have missed the race. We did hear they pushed everyone back some for safetly. As for the drinking...they pretty much leave you alone unless you are just totally stupid about it and being a complete idiot.

Two other things, there is a big party called Ski Day. Check it out at www.skidayontheohio.com Also, one of the local boat clubs also put on a small poker run that is ok. It ends with a band on the dock at their club and eveyone anchored out to listen.
Ill have to make it out to it next year. How many boats usually get into the poker run? Ill be running the Ohio from Madison Indiana to Cincy a few times too.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=642MX;3008833]I went to Ski Day.... but man that beach was nothing but rocks! We floated around and then left....

True it is a rocky beach .
Old 12-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Southern Indiana

I grew up on Lake Monroe and there is nothing in the way of gatherings that happens there. Now live in Evansville, Indiana and spend most weekends on Kentucky Lake in Western, Ky. The have a poker run there in June that usually draws about a 100 boats. Although many had mixed reviews of the run last year as far as I know its planned again for 2010. Be advised if you go....most of the counties around the lake are "dry" counties and lodging is limited if you dont book early.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skoboat
Also, one of the local boat clubs also put on a small poker run that is ok. It ends with a band on the dock at their club and eveyone anchored out to listen.

Any info on the date?
Old 12-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default KY Lake Poker Run

I ran a quick search and did see anything listed yet. Walter Taylor at KY Dam Marina is listed as the contact for the 09 event. His number is 270.362.8386, Run a search on this site for "Kentucky Lake Poker Run" I did not run last year but was planning to this season. It seems there were some real problems last summer...enough to put the event in trouble for 2010.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Registered

We had unusually high water for this past years poker run in Evansville, but still a decent turn out. As far as places to go/hang out there is usually the "pump-out" or "island" which is built across from downtown. On the weekends you have to get there early to get a spot cause it fills up fast. There can be over 100 boats. They have built one the last 3 years in a row that I can remember although this past years was kind of small. As far as trips I would recommend the annual Golconda "shrimpfest" trip. Is a little over 100mi from Evansville to Golconda, IL. Its the 3rd weekend in september (I think). Most of the group leaves saturday morning and make a day out of it stopping a lot to party on the way. Last year we had the locks jam packed on the way down there. And the marina is very nice with covered slips and nice showers. We had a blast this past year.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 642MX
Any info on the date?
I think it is the first Saturday in August?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redcorvetteman3
We go to Lake Monroe (Bloomington) a few times a year. We also go to Cumberland a few times.
I have always wanted to try Lake Monroe. Should you plan a weekend or one long Saturday or Sunday? It should take us no longer than 2 1/2 hours to get there pulling our boat.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by daniel240
We had unusually high water for this past years poker run in Evansville, but still a decent turn out. As far as places to go/hang out there is usually the "pump-out" or "island" which is built across from downtown. On the weekends you have to get there early to get a spot cause it fills up fast. There can be over 100 boats. They have built one the last 3 years in a row that I can remember although this past years was kind of small. As far as trips I would recommend the annual Golconda "shrimpfest" trip. Is a little over 100mi from Evansville to Golconda, IL. Its the 3rd weekend in september (I think). Most of the group leaves saturday morning and make a day out of it stopping a lot to party on the way. Last year we had the locks jam packed on the way down there. And the marina is very nice with covered slips and nice showers. We had a blast this past year.

The pump out is fun! They sure waited long enough to put it out this summer.... it was pretty small too!

I didn't do the shrimpfest run this year, my running buddy was broke down and I didn't want to travel that far by myself. I did go the year before that... and from what I remember, I had an excellent time. We didn't stay tho, we came back that evening (no where to sleep on the Islander).

Keep us posted on the poker run, I only have an 18 footer so this is probably the only poker run that I can do without sinking the boat...lol.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is usually the third weekend in september but the is a group of us (10-15 boats) that make a trip from cincinnati to louisville, and we use the public docks and stay in a hotel down the street from 4th street live.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.