Central/Southern Indiana >

Central/Southern Indiana

Notices

Central/Southern Indiana

Old 01-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skoboat
I have always wanted to try Lake Monroe. Should you plan a weekend or one long Saturday or Sunday? It should take us no longer than 2 1/2 hours to get there pulling our boat.
I would try and make a weekend out of it if you can. I usually go out for the day and sometimes overnight but I only live 45 minutes away. On most of the Satruday's the lake is busy and we hang out at Allens Creek. If you come down during Memorial Day it is usually a good turn out. You can always stay at the Four Winns resort if your not staying on the water.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by The Get Away
I think it is usually the third weekend in september but the is a group of us (10-15 boats) that make a trip from cincinnati to louisville, and we use the public docks and stay in a hotel down the street from 4th street live.
I might have to meet up for this one. Ill be dropping in Madison Indiana traveling to Cincy and can meet up to make a trip back with everyone.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Registered

We lived in Lafayette for 2 yrs, did Monroe a few times, Great People, but pretty small lake. We ended up getting a slip @ Cumberland and driving 4.5hrs+ (one way) every weekend.

It was worth it for us. Stay on the boat, No Kids, Get Down late Friday, Get home Late Sunday. Hard to Beat Cumberland.

But then we got smart, Moved South, Now Cumberland is less than 2hrs away.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Registered

Hey Whistler08 I grew up in Cloverdale. I am an hour from there now in Illinois. We go boating at Mill Creek Lake, over by Marshall, IL. Its small at 811 acres but the friends are Great and the water is good in the summertime. The Boat ramp and docks are nice too. Holiday weekends are jamm packed so get there early if you come then, all the rest of the weekends there is room... mostly family openbows and ski boats like any other lake I presume. We have a family safe party cove when its busy. I run a 30' Conquest Enforcer and an all white DDC-28 Challenger, and have just as much fun as everbody else plus it helps me conserve fuel w the 40mph speed limit. lol There have been some more big power boats coming over lately, which I love! Allot of great people out there and some really nice boats. Quite a few fishing boats there also and they have tournaments allot if your into that. Throw me a line if you want to tie up sometime!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered

Default KY Lake Poker Run

Date for the Kentucky Lake Poker Run this year is June 19th 2010
Find the info here: www.kylakepokerrun.com

Me and a boating buddy already have reserved an 8 person condo at the dam for this year. So I am planning on the trip again.
Last year(2009) I attended, it was soso but there was some nice hardware sporting around and we had allot of fun. I heard yesterday that the original organizer is setting up the 2010 event, and is expected to run smoother.
Plan on going Friday and partying at the quarry as a pre-event. Remember to "PACK" your coolers BEFORE you get down there as there is allot of "DRY" areas. O and keep it in a huggy or cup also.
If anyone wants to join up for the trip down, let me know, its always great to make new boating friends. I end up running into other boating friends I know down there and it really makes it more enjoyable.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered

Enforcer,

That sounds like a new lake for me to get out to. I drive an hour to Racoon most of the time so it wouldnt be any different. I have lived in Cloverdale for 14 years now minus the short 1 year I moved to Avon. I hope to have a new Nordic Heat this year but if not I still have the good old Baja. Glad you told me about the speed limit because I wouldnt have paid attention to that and definately would have been over 40. Ill have to catch up with you out there and have a drink or 5
Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

4th of July weekend in madison gets pretty intense. Hydroplane races on the weekend bring out the big dawgs.
We usually tie up in turn four but i would recommend sitting inside the event. Always a blast
Old 06-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered

Two poker runs scheduled this year on the river in Evansville. One is July 10th I believe, start at Sigeco Beach at noon. Other one is July 31, not sure on the details of that one. I think this one is put on by OBC.