Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
My boats first LOTO ExPeRiEnCe worth a read...... >

My boats first LOTO ExPeRiEnCe worth a read......

Notices

My boats first LOTO ExPeRiEnCe worth a read......

Old 06-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
A 525SC with dry exhaust is definately way over the db limit My single 525SC was over the db limit with wet exhaust.
im hosed. i better figure out why only 2 out of my 4 muffler baffles close before then!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by fireguy
In my experience LOTO has more than it's fair share of cops that are d!ck$. And, that is not just on the water.

I had a cop in Osage Beach write me a ticket for speeding for 3 miles over the limit. He told me he was writing me BECAUSE I WAS A FIRE FIGHTER!!!

That is not to mention the several pleasant experiences we have had with the water patrol guys. And, before you guys start beatin me up, I come from a family with lots of cops and I am always super respectful any time I get stopped.
I would have to agree with that. I have been stopped several times over the years and more often than not, the WP are rude and arrogant. They try to lecture me about whatever they stopped me for and then send me on my way. I will say that I have been stopped by some WP officers who acted professional and were friendly and didn't try to talk down to you.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Originally Posted by BDiggity
im hosed. i better figure out why only 2 out of my 4 muffler baffles close before then!
I was only 3db over and that was with no mufflers. I guarantee am much louder now with the AT and have not been stopped for it.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Originally Posted by skate
I'm headed up to LOTO in a few weeks with my 28 Skater. I haven't been since '97 and would get pulled over for my props coming out of the water even back then. After a discussion about air entrappment hulls I was finally released with a warning. Now I have some grey hair but still the same issue that I cant cross a ripple without coming out ot the water.

Can some one give me the link to all the rules and regs so I can have my stuff together when the inevitalble happens.

Any advice on how to avoid problems?

BTW where is PC now?

PC is about the 3-4mm of the Grand Glaize.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griff
Good to see you again, even if it was only for a few minutes. Sorry to here you had boat problems. Next time call Performance Boat Brokerage or take it in to Kelly's Port. They are your best bet. KP has a same day service guarantee.We were at F&L's when you idled in to the back. I just figured you were going to park, but never saw you and when I looked after we got done eating your boat was gone. We ate a Paradise on Monday evening and saw you run by as well.
Perhaps it was immediate proximity to YOU that had something to do with my problems? Found out the cable was bad initially immediately after you left PB2, now I find out you were right there at F & L's when I fixed it the second time...?

Naahh...couldn't be...didn't have any more problems on that run past Paradise...

The red boat is hard to miss, I guess! That must be why it felt like someone was aiming at me every time I was underway this weekend!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Face it, in the eyes of the wp etc, go fast boaters are loud, half drunk and drive recklessly. A reputation built on unmuffled boats, flipping boats or running into things and excessive speed etc. Couple that with the need for many localities to generate revenue thru fines and instant easy target.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Which is PLENTY ironic considering the amount of idiocy I witnessed this weekend courtesy of "other" boaters.

Like the 25-30 foot cruisers running WOT with people ON THE BOW in 3-4 footers...or the 50+ foot cruisers throwing 6 foot wakes down the center of the channel with their RADAR going???? WTF is that about? Having trouble navigating there, Captain Cook?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Which is PLENTY ironic considering the amount of idiocy I witnessed this weekend courtesy of "other" boaters.

Like the 25-30 foot cruisers running WOT with people ON THE BOW in 3-4 footers...or the 50+ foot cruisers throwing 6 foot wakes down the center of the channel with their RADAR going???? WTF is that about? Having trouble navigating there, Captain Cook?
Made me laugh there. I love the dudes running their radar in the daylight. As for as the bowriding, I wouldn't let a 40 year old on the bow of my boat in calm water while under way, let alone 10 year olds. I can't for the life of me understand why that's legal.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you can google LOTO and there is a checklist believe it or not, called do's and don'ts or something like that with a list of all things to have your ducks in a row. Including not sitting on sunpad, stereo noise, jacket access, horns, age req for lic, etc. I think someone had a bad experience and put a pretty informative list together. Enjoy.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry to hear about all of the troubles while down at the lake...ours were minor compared to what you guy's had.... we just had an IAC valve go out on the wife's little cruiser and had to idle from Dog Days back home to the 4mm.... Steve from Advanced Marine had it fixed the next morning and we went back out on Monday....

My boat wasn't quite finished by Memorial Day but that's a story for another day....I would have waved if we saw you but I was probably busy doing my duties as "Cabana Boy" for the wife...LOL....Its my number one job when she's in charge...

Fortunately we were able to pull mine back from Eddie Young's shop down in Nashville last weekend and once he finishes up the tuning next week we'll be back on the water...

Last edited by fountain4play; 06-17-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.