FREE Minnetonka Spring Poker Run - May 19th

Notices

FREE Minnetonka Spring Poker Run - May 19th

Old 05-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FREE Minnetonka Spring Poker Run - May 19th

Short notice to OffShoreOnly members but there is a FREE poker run next weekend on Minnetonka with a $300 best hand! All of the information on it can be found at http://mnlakeparty.com/forum/Thread-...Run-05-19-2012.

Registration is limited so if you're interested register soon.

If anyone else has ever dealt with putting on a "Poker Run" in MN you'll know that our gambling laws make it a PITA. This event is free so it is not considered gambling, however we wanted to accept donations for charity (Minnesota Teen Challenge) and the state told us that would be illegal. There isn't a whole lot that can be done about it right now other than let people know. Someday we hope to be able to legally run a charity poker run in the state of MN (though not holding our breath).

Last edited by 4plaay; 05-12-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Isn't there like a 35mph speed limit and a highly enforced exhaust db limit on Minnetonka?????
Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Isn't there like a 35mph speed limit and a highly enforced exhaust db limit on Minnetonka?????
The daytime speed limit is 40mph, though I wouldn't say highly enforced. As for noise, my Donzi has a 460 w/ 4" straight piped through hull exhaust. Last year we got pulled over twice and neither time did they mention decibels. I'm sure some of the guys on here could get them to mention noise but realistically the lake is too small for those boats anyways.

With that in mind Minnetonka Poker Runs are a little different then most because they typically end up with a bunch of 28 to 35 foot cruisers and only a handful of performance boats. Still a lot of fun but they take the "This is not a race" part to heart. Overall it's just a good excuse to get out on the boat early in the season and a great way to meet fellow boaters.