Motion Mid 90s Build Materials / Information >

Motion Mid 90s Build Materials / Information

Notices

Motion Mid 90s Build Materials / Information

Old 10-28-2019, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Motion Mid 90s Build Materials / Information

I recently bought a 1995 25 motion. This particular boat has some sentimental value to me as my dad bought it when I was a kid back in the 90s and had it for a few years, it sparked my love for fast boats. It needs some love and I have started to strip it down for a complete rerig. I was able to borrow a marine moisture meter and as I expected their is some moisture in the transom. Not terrible but enough to make we want to do more investigating. While I had the meter I could not pick up moisture anywhere else in the boat. Does anyone have any input to any of the following questions. I am just wanted to do some research now to be prepared for what I might get into. It has always been a freshwater boat in the Midwest however it did sit outside for some time.

1) What type of core materials were used
2) Anything else to look into or worry about with Motions

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2019, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hulls were typically ame4000 resin with divinycel core. If that boat is a '95 then that is after I sold Motion and started Spectre. If I can help any further my email is [email protected].
Jay