Ft Myers Offshore - Mar 5 Fun Run - P H O T O S

Notices

Ft Myers Offshore - Mar 5 Fun Run - P H O T O S

Old 03-07-2011, 05:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wigginout
Thanks. When I saw this accident, it Was in a tight area leading out into big water and there were over 75 boats. It was just one of those bad place, wrong time type things. I know most people who own our type of boats are safe. After looking at the pic again, looks like they were slowing down instead of going anyway. Looks like a great time. Hope to move my boat down to Fl next year, store it some where near Boca.
On some of Jay's pics where you see the boats lined up it was in a section between Cape Coral and Pine island called Matlacha where we ran in single file for about 15 miles. It is a well marked but little used waterway has lots of twists and turns with some 180 degree switchbacks. We do that once each year at high tide and it requires that we have our wits about us. Lots of fun.
Bob
Old 03-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
They aren't nearly as close as they look. The phenomenon is known as foreshortening.

Definition: Foreshortening occurs when an object appears compressed when seen from a particular viewpoint, and the effect of perspective causes distortion. Foreshortening is a particularly effective artistic device, used to give the impression of three-dimensional volume and create drama in a picture.
So that is what that means. I thought it had something to do with getting older.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Jay, those are amazing shots. I have no idea how you get some of them. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Bob and the rest of the crew for putting on the event. Looking forward to events in the future and getting to know everyone better
Old 03-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jayboat. Thanks for all the good boat pics, but I want to see a larger one from your avitar. Better yet, I'd like to hang out with you for a day taking pictures like that.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Another great run thanks bob and the rest of fmo for putting on such a great event see you all next month. Jay your the man when it comes to the camera. Bill