Any Cheap Nortech Cats >

Any Cheap Nortech Cats

Notices

Any Cheap Nortech Cats

Old 04-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 36 Nortech

I have two of these one with #6 and big power the other with 525 and xr i love both boats each has its pluses and minuses very similar to a women there are five good things and five bad for each but u never gonna get one with ten.
The 525 whippled with xr drives is fun boat faster than any v bottom looks better than most boats and is actually affordable yes drives are the weak spot but for $200,000 its a great value
Old 04-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

does a 525 boat porpoise at cruise speeds?...heard that was the prob with the 525 boats....porps till 80 or so?
Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dreamer
does a 525 boat porpoise at cruise speeds?...heard that was the prob with the 525 boats....porps till 80 or so?

NOOO. I keep hearing that too, but it has NEVER happened with my boat. People hear it from someone that heard it fron someone that heard it from someone else so they posted it online.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
NOOO. I keep hearing that too, but it has NEVER happened with my boat. People hear it from someone that heard it fron someone that heard it from someone else so they posted it online.

It's those MTI's and Skaters that do that.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

It appears that they do in most PR videos. Can it be operator error in all cases?

I love the cat, and for the cash think it's a great deal. I aspire to be able to NOT jump on a deal like that one day.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fidelitymotors
I have two of these one with #6 and big power the other with 525 and xr i love both boats each has its pluses and minuses very similar to a women there are five good things and five bad for each but u never gonna get one with ten.
The 525 whippled with xr drives is fun boat faster than any v bottom looks better than most boats and is actually affordable yes drives are the weak spot but for $200,000 its a great value
Congrats on the sale....
Old 04-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
Mine never did. All cats will bounce a little while they are searching for air. But if that is a problem the Nor-Techs can adjust out of it with a little drop of the tabs.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
It appears that they do in most PR videos. Can it be operator error in all cases?

I love the cat, and for the cash think it's a great deal. I aspire to be able to NOT jump on a deal like that one day.
I havn't seen many PR videos so i cant comment on that. What i can say is that mine has a little bit of bow lift, sometime you keep the bow down with tabs, other times you let it air out, depending on the conditions. Usually off FTL, i hit the tabs a touch. When im in biscayne bay, I air it out and find the right balance. Either way, there is no porpoising. Also, im assuming most of them are running 6's with cleavers, , my bow lift is casued by, or accentuated by my round blade XR props. I am getting a custom set of props for it becasue I kept breaking blades on my hydromotives.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Registered

Cash,
When I get my new props in your welcome to come for a ride.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Cash,
When I get my new props in your welcome to come for a ride.

Appreciate the offer, keep me posted. My only Cat experience was racing a 30' AMT and then riding in big Skater's and MTI's. I don't really have any mid-size experience to speak of.

I love the looks of the NT, I hope they perform as well.

Quick Reply: Any Cheap Nortech Cats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.