Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nor-Tech
Water Testing Tomorrow >

Water Testing Tomorrow

Notices

Water Testing Tomorrow

Old 07-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh that sucks Brian. Hope you get it figured out soon. I am planning on making the fall run. Hope to see you and Ernie there.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Oh, and Brian, I know you plan on doing quite a bit of testing, if you find you need about 170 pounds of ballast, I may be able to help with that..............
Old 07-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tax man
I know nothing about the set up on the boat, but looks like props are turning out vs in?
Yes the props are turning out, this is the way it came from the factory and getting any answers from Nor-tech is a joke. They gave me the x dimension to go by after a month of phone calls and still left me hanging with no definitive answer as to what is correct.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:27 AM
Banned

Thanks Jay and I am sure we will be ready for the run.

Rob, Fuel pressure would be a place to start after the fuel issues you had. Did you remove the pickup in the tank and check the screen and tank for debris? Remember when we were draining it the flow would slow down until we blew the line out. We had to repeat that process several times to get the tank drained. Might take you up on the ballast part, this thing is monster on the short docks for 2 guys to launch and load.

Last edited by brian41; 07-04-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Yes the props are turning out, this is the way it came from the factory and getting any answers from Nor-tech is a joke. They gave me the x dimension to go by after a month of phone calls and still left me hanging with no definitive answer as to what is correct.
At 800hp and running #6 props you are going to find that running the props in is your better choice. You will reduce lope a bit and create a bit more stern lift to get the boat packing air. At around the 850hp mark is when Nortech starts spinning the props out. Mine is a 700 / NXT package and the above stated is what I have been given from both Nortech and Double R.
Enjoy once all the bugs are worked out, I love mine.
Congrats, it looks great.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I completely drained the tank, flushed them and stuck a flashlight in there.Nice shiny and clean now.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phragle
I completely drained the tank, flushed them and stuck a flashlight in there.Nice shiny and clean now.
Rob with all the the crap that ran through your fuel system we might have to look in the vapor canister and make sure that the screen on the new high pressure pump is not getting plugged . Another thing that has happen over the years that have done what your boat is doing are bad Mercruiser pick up coils but yours should have the GM style.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Single With Twins
At 800hp and running #6 props you are going to find that running the props in is your better choice. You will reduce lope a bit and create a bit more stern lift to get the boat packing air. At around the 850hp mark is when Nortech starts spinning the props out. Mine is a 700 / NXT package and the above stated is what I have been given from both Nortech and Double R.
Enjoy once all the bugs are worked out, I love mine.
Congrats, it looks great.
Thanks for the response, we will try changing rotation when we get it running better. Any chance you know what your X dimension is? Or how high above or below the boat the centerline of the drive is. Nor-tech had me set the drives up at 22" high and 8" from the tunnel which looks to be (without checking for sure) about 1 1/2 inches above the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails Water Testing Tomorrow-dsc01389.jpg  
Old 07-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Thanks for the response, we will try changing rotation when we get it running better. Any chance you know what your X dimension is? Or how high above or below the boat the centerline of the drive is. Nor-tech had me set the drives up at 22" high and 8" from the tunnel which looks to be (without checking for sure) about 1 1/2 inches above the bottom.
I just looked at your pics and you do not have the notched transom, your x-dimension and mine will be different. The boats with a filled in transom from my understanding had higher x-dimension then those that had the notched transom. Having said that a friend of mine has an 04 36 that has the same transom, I am going up north tonight for the weekend and will have a look at his boat.......I will get back to you.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Banned

Much more fun today... the gas we bought the day before was full of water. New problem is we run out of water pressure at about 40 MPH (drive height)
but did not realize it until over 80.....its going to be fun when we get the bugs out of it.

Another problem at this point is no drive/trim indicators, we were suppose to have them awhile ago but Lavorsi is a little behind with their 3rd ship date not happening again today.

Last edited by brian41; 07-05-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.