Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Few more
Attached Thumbnails Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!-dsc01359.jpg   Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!-dsc01360.jpg  
Old 09-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Registered

One last picture...And also the link to the Mushroom cleats

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...eats&noImage=0
Attached Thumbnails Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!-dsc01347.jpg  
Old 09-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Registered

boatingbent those look good. i've been wanting to do that to mine. thanks for the info.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
I still have the Lake Michigan area chip in mine. I need to upgrade so I can have the nice features for Powell, Mead, Havasu, etc...
I mounted my Sirius puck under the deck and it worked perfect once I got it out from under the bow rail
RV mounted the GPS antenna under the dash and it seems to work well as well. I hate extra stuff mounted around.
Dave
Dave,
We're on the same wavelength as usual. I like to keep it clean too.
The GPS Store www.gpsstore.com tells me that we can buy different CD ROMS and download the data into the same chip. Unless it's a high capacity chip, the prior data will probably be lost. These guys were very good to deal with. As I mentioned earlier I had an internal antenna 172 with clearance problems. They took it back and swapped it out with no BS.
BTW, Nordic Gary had both of his centerfold Flames at the Cumberland Poker Run. Beautiful boats. The TAOD boat is the prettier of the 2, but the "factory" boat isn't bad..............
I need a bigger garage and stock in BP/Amoco before I trade though ..............
Have you compared your fuel usage in your Flame to your Heat? How do they compare?
Regards,
Steve
Old 09-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Registered

Wink Re: Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
We don’t mean to beat on you LIOPA but it’s really hard for us that test and monitor test so closely to understand your numbers. As you can see from the following “verified” test, your test results are way out of the norm. If you were to graph these in Excel there would be a big blip on the screen
They sure don’t run like that out here in the west half of the USA; Regardless of conditions.
Think I’ll move East
Dave

496MAG 61-62 verified
496MAG HO 64-66 (I think INDY once got 67 with the tide, in salt water and down hill)
HP500EFI Almost 67.5 GPS/70.1 Radar in Family and Performance Mag
HP500EFI ran 71.2 with stock 28 at 5150rpm in Powerboat and Hotboat
525EFI ran 74.1 at Havasu in the Spring (75 dry degrees) verified
Mild 540EFI (550hp) 73-75 verified
Merc 575SCi 75-76 verified
565ci/609 dyno hp XR ITS drive 75-76 verified
Illmor 625hp ran 76.6 in Powerboat
LIOPA 525EFI 78 and going for low 80s
HP500EFI with M3 ProCharger w 5lbs ran 79.7 in Powerboat and Hotboat
Larry Peto 580ci/675hp/700lbs tq ran right near 80 verified
Steve Zs 575SCi bumped up to 725-750hp runs 82-85 verified
565ci/Whipple ~800hp XR ITS drive 85-87 verified
Hey Nordic Flame,

Sorry to hear about those numbers. I post what ours run GPS. Many members on OSO have seen these boats run as well in local runs and Poker Runs. The 35 with 525's caught attention many times over for the speeds it gets. Everyone swore the motors were juiced.......and they are not. The 28 525 boat does has the ITS drive which we believe helped as well. Again out of the box was 76 with a 28 P prop. Labbed it and cupped it to 29 and we see 78. As stated earlier we have more to go. You are more than welcome to visit here and we can take out for yourself to see the GPS readings, if thats what you need to do. I will say your norm out West for the boats listed is below what we have seen here. Have you ran these in the ocean with some moderate chop under them on a cool day? TRY THAT...... you may be surprised what you find
Old 09-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Registered

....or Lonnie is rigging in JUICED GPS SPEEDOS on our boats....lol
Old 09-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LIOPA
Hey Nordic Flame,

Sorry to hear about those numbers. I post what ours run GPS. Many members on OSO have seen these boats run as well in local runs and Poker Runs. The 35 with 525's caught attention many times over for the speeds it gets. Everyone swore the motors were juiced.......and they are not. The 28 525 boat does has the ITS drive which we believe helped as well. Again out of the box was 76 with a 28 P prop. Labbed it and cupped it to 29 and we see 78. As stated earlier we have more to go. You are more than welcome to visit here and we can take out for yourself to see the GPS readings, if thats what you need to do. I will say your norm out West for the boats listed is below what we have seen here. Have you ran these in the ocean with some moderate chop under them on a cool day? TRY THAT...... you may be surprised what you find

ALso in your highlights some difference but not much

The HAVASU boat ran 74.1 (what prop/drive/ chop) NO SALT

Ours 75-76 with stock prop / ITS DRIVE / SALT WATER/ CHOP

only .9 - 1.9 MPH off.........the salt water and chop combo we have seen as much as 4 MPH in some FORCE OFFSHORE cats between HAVASU runs and Long Island. V bottom 2-3 MPH.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Steve, it was nice meeting you last Friday. Hope your Poker run experience went well. Appreciate your comments on our boats.