Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake Up!!!!

What's everyone up to?
Pretty quiet out there in Nordic land
Linnie, have you gotten that beast dialed in yet?
Gary, have you sold many new ones?
Steve Z, everything holding together well?
Bent, still need more power?
Sick, SELLING????
Dean, how's the Florida waters and your boat getting along?
Indiana, how's the HP500 going?
BobL, I know
Mahle, Raylar report yet
New guys, enjoying your boats?

Me, well I've checked the oil twice
Life is good with stock power (for now )

Dave
Old 08-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Getting ready for the loto shootout. Installing kplanes and stereo system for now. Is anybody else going to the shootout?
Old 08-12-2005, 01:20 AM
Registered

Dave,

got you beat - I actually changed the oil. Sure is weird not having a whippled motor - I'm so used to watching boost and fuel pressure and egt's - my dash is sort of boring now, but I'll admit it is nice not to have to be tweaking something and having the 1st mate *****ing at me........for now Still haven't figured out my cold water temps - I've changed the sender and thermostat and still registering only 130. I guess the only fix is to just pull the thermostat and add a Whipple
Old 08-12-2005, 07:20 AM
Registered

Yeah Dave the plan is to get some more power this winter......
Still waiting for Mahle`s report on his Raylar install.............
Old 08-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

she is running great.. up to 42 hours and 2 oil changes later . just finish having my trailer painted , new bunks, added some UHMW plastic strips on top of my axles, bump the axles on steep ramps

winter project list so far

clear coat top deck blue stripe " wont hold a shine"
Replace vinyl on bench seat " starting to split"
install ac mermaid m5
install 3rd battery for engine other 2 for accessors

Thanks for asking

Take care
Bill
Old 08-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys:
We bought a new house this summer, always fun moving and in 100o heat .......I swear it's part of a conspiracy by my wife to keep me off the water.
The boat is running great. We had a "dash for cash" from stop 4 to 5 where we lined up about 25 of the hotter boats at our MCPA poker run, and I was the first single engine boat in (3rd overall). I was beaten by a 42' Fountain with twin Whippled HP500s (est 750hp) and a Cobra cat with twin HP500s. The 5 blade and additional horsepower has made the HEAT really accelerate hard. Knock on wood , just routine maintenance so far this year.
I'm installing a Garmin 172C this afternoon. Anybody else have one of these? What do you think about it?
Sick, if the wife hadn't just tagged me with a new crib, we'd be talking .........................
Only down note here, one of our fellow Heat owners ( Butch Fletcher/96 Heat/supercharged BBC/no computer/he's a little technophobic) just bounced his boat off a steel bouy last weekend. F'ed up in a faded stripe, won't be easy to fix.........N+D+S=AW2H (night + drunk + speed = accident waiting to happen ).
Have a great, fun rest of the summer everybody!
Regards ,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 08-12-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Registered

I read above that someone was gonna do some painting....If your in need of Spray Equipment I own SATA SPRAY GUNS up here in Minnesota
Old 08-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Registered

It's good to see some posts here. My 28 is running great (knock on wood). Steve what are you running for power in yours? Does anyone know who has the fastest Heat? A buddy of mine has around 800hp in his. I don't think he's gotten a good GPS run yet, but is estimating around 90.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Eternal_Warrior2
It's good to see some posts here. My 28 is running great (knock on wood). Steve what are you running for power in yours? Does anyone know who has the fastest Heat? A buddy of mine has around 800hp in his. I don't think he's gotten a good GPS run yet, but is estimating around 90.
EW:
I'm running a modified HP575SCi, that I estimate is making around 750HP bobtail/725PSHP. I'm running 82 to 86 depending on weather and load. It's been smoking hot and humid here (Nashville). With 5 people on board, full summer load (coolers/jackets/canvas/etc.), 3/4 tanks full, it recently GPSed 82 (95o air/90o water temp). I came up with a formula that it takes roughly 17HP to increase the speed of a Heat 1 MPH, so with 50 more HP your friend should definitely be knocking on 90 in good conditions. 50HP -: 17 = 3, so 86 (my best/good conditions) + 3 = 89.
Regards,
Steve
Old 08-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Havn't posted much because been too busy boating. We have done a few good long trips this summer but it is winding down, Two weekends ago, 14 boats went from the Potomac in Va to Baltimore & Red Eyes. About three nights on the boat and 300 Miles. Numerous cooler supplies. Maryland is really set up for boaters, Great places to stop all over place.

Not had a chance to open it up. Been too loaded with gear and fuel. The heat has been really bad the last few weeks. The humidity has been right there with it.

We have 2 radar runs coming up soon. Will stretch it out then.

Dave, thanks for getting this going again. I guess its ggod news everyone has been boating too much to post.

Gary, Where you been?

We are going to Key West for the last Offshore race in November, There are about 8 couples going. We are staying at the Wydham Reach resort. Anyone coming Please let us know so we can get together,

Lotti got the Frig out. He didn't need my saw though. He has a big winter of work planned.

Steve, Good numbers with the Heat. My buddy wants to get to 80 naturally. Any HP suggestions??

Have Fun.

GO Hokies!!!!!
GO Skins!!!!

Quick Reply: Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.