Notices

let it breathe

Old 02-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: let it breathe

Originally Posted by Nordic Gary
Steve,

Sold a new Heat to one of your Nashville brothers. Boat should be delivered early April, very cool graphics.
Way to go Gary,
That makes 5 Heats here in Nashvegas. We're taking over ................
Who's the lucky Captain?
Regards,
Steve
Old 02-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Steve,

Those graphics are sweet. I love the combination, one of the best looking Nordics I have ever seen!!! Awesome boat!!!
Andy,
Thanks. I've been pitching your boat to some friends. Have you heard anything from them?
Regards,
Steve
Old 02-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Registered

Linster,
Here's how the hatch looked from the bottom (engine compartment) side, "stock". You can see the large oval cutout in the bottom half done at the factory.
If you look closely, you can see the billet intakes installed in the bottom purple strip of the hatch.
AND, if you look at the side of my buddy's Fountain, you'll see a nice air intake on the side of the deck!
Steve
Attached Thumbnails let it breathe-fountain-nordic-small-.jpg   let it breathe-nordic-deck-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 02-14-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:44 AM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

I like the way fountain does therer air intakes, Nordic could add easy with a few modifications. I think it does make a difference getting good air to the engine. The F1 race boats that first ran 85 with a 500EFI used forced air until it was found to be illegal. I hear they were making 3lb of engine compartment pressure at WOT by forcing air in but making all go out the engine, essentially the effects of a blower.

I really liked the 575. I wish i had a pair of them.

LLH
Old 02-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Linster
I like the way fountain does therer air intakes, Nordic could add easy with a few modifications. I think it does make a difference getting good air to the engine. The F1 race boats that first ran 85 with a 500EFI used forced air until it was found to be illegal. I hear they were making 3lb of engine compartment pressure at WOT by forcing air in but making all go out the engine, essentially the effects of a blower.

I really liked the 575. I wish i had a pair of them.

LLH
Linster,
I saw a Velocity VR1 that had very slick ductwork. It had 4 or 5" PVC pipe glassed into both deck side air intakes, that led directly to the flame arrestor intake of the 500EFI. May be one of the boats you are talking about. Gotta admire the ingenuity.
Steve
Old 02-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy had a 95 32 w/ 525SCs and it would pick up 150+ rpm when hatch was cracked
Old 02-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MIKEHTMSR24
My buddy had a 95 32 w/ 525SCs and it would pick up 150+ rpm when hatch was cracked
Mike,
Thanks for your input. What 32? What kind of weather?
Thanks,
Steve
Old 02-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Registered

32 Nordic, as you probably already know the 32 was b4 the 35. No swim platform and it wasn't a stepped hull.

He would gain rpm anytime during the summer months here in SC.

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Mike,
Thanks for your input. What 32? What kind of weather?
Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-20-2006, 06:08 AM
Registered

Steve,
REALLY like the way you added the vents into the front of the hatch...I've been mulling over something like this all winter & was glad to see your pics & how nice it looks. A bit hard to see the details, so a couple questions: Looks like 2 vents, & rest of strip is covered with purple vinyl, correct? Who supplied the vents? Any additional ducting behind vents to direct air to intake? Thanks for info!
Jeff
Old 03-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoreaj
Steve,
REALLY like the way you added the vents into the front of the hatch...I've been mulling over something like this all winter & was glad to see your pics & how nice it looks. A bit hard to see the details, so a couple questions: Looks like 2 vents, & rest of strip is covered with purple vinyl, correct? Who supplied the vents? Any additional ducting behind vents to direct air to intake? Thanks for info!
Jeff
Jeff,
The vents are Eddie Marine thin line billets. Installation is a pain in the ass but well worth it. No ducting, just a lot of fresh, cool air. I'll post some better pics soon.
The uphoulstery strip (2000 models and newer) at the bottom of the hatch is removeable with four countersunk screws on the back side of the hatch. I carefully cut and modified it to accept these vents. Before I installed the vents to the backing, I reinstalled it and used the cutouts as a template to mark the hatch. Then I cut the front edge of the hatch to match with a holesaw (radiused ends) and a circular saw.
Installed the vents to the uphoulstery strip with tower style nuts, and reinstalled and it turned out great.
On 1999 and older models, this is MUCH easier. The same uphoulstery strip is attached to the top of the rear seat, so you only have one cut.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 03-20-2006 at 06:55 PM.

Quick Reply: let it breathe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.