Angry cracks in interior liner

has anyone experienced any cracking in the fiberglass
around the cabin door?
Old 07-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cracks in interior liner

Yes 05

At the very bottom left side of the entrance to the door on the floor. Also in the stern just opposite side of where the telescopic anchor light is. But not on the side of the light. Those are very slight and hardly noticeable yet. But the one by the cabin door is a good one. The gel coat actually cracked off. Check to see if your sink or the curved part above the entrance is coming loose. Mine did and I had to use marine-tex to fill the holes then I re-drilled and re-screwed them back in. It is now pretty secure. I think they should have had the very center of that piece somehow secured instead of just hanging. As long as we're on the subject of Ripping Nordic Has anyone experienced problems with the Electric Seat bases. The tabs on mine that hold the motor in place bent and the seat wouldn't come up all the way. Nordic made good on it but they sent me the wrong ones. They sent me manual drop outs. I used it anyway. Had I realized the design was inferior I wouldn't have spent the extra $ for them. And they weren't cheap. I installed the passenger side because that was the worst case but the drivers side is now doing the same thing. The problem is that the tubular stainless is crushing and the tabs that are welded to them are now at the wrong angle. I'm glad they made good on them and I think it was an oversight on their part. The manual drop out is much stronger anyway. It has the spring loaded pins to hold the passengers weight.

Last edited by raytart; 07-31-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Never Enough
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same crack at the base of the electric door. Thats about the only one I've seen.
Mines a 02 heat
Old 08-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bottom left side of the cabin entry too.........lost a piece of gel coat about the size of a dime right in the corner.
Patched it and no problems since.
Steve