Rage hyd steering >

Rage hyd steering

Notices

Rage hyd steering

Old 04-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rage hyd steering

I got my hyd steering from CP this week and I have a couple of issues.
First off the wing plate does not clear the swim platform. Does anyone know who makes one that will? Here are some pics.

Rage hyd steering-wing-plate.jpg

Rage hyd steering-wing-plate-2.jpg

Second, it didn't come with any instructions. I'll check there website but if anyone has any input I'm all ears.
Thanks guys,
Old 04-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Registered

Can you adjust the trim limit switch to stop before it hits the platform? Just a thought.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Plane Silly
I got my hyd steering from CP this week and I have a couple of issues.
First off the wing plate does not clear the swim platform. Does anyone know who makes one that will? Here are some pics.

Attachment 338830

Attachment 338831

Second, it didn't come with any instructions. I'll check there website but if anyone has any input I'm all ears.
Thanks guys,
Get a hold of Bob Lloyd. I had the same problem with mine. Bob ended up putting a spacer in mine so the outdrive wouldn't trim up all the way. I still have to be careful not to raise the trim when the outdrive is turned, it will still hit the swim platform. The other thing you will need to watch is how low your outdrive is when on the trailer. I had to make sure that the trailed road perfectly level on the truck.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Registered

I am bringing this back up to the top for Desertrage. Here are some pics of the steering install. I did have to put in some trim ram stops so the wingplate would not hit the swim platform.

Rage hyd steering-hyd-steering.jpg

Rage hyd steering-hyd-steering-2.jpg
Old 10-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMCO makes a "tight fit" steering system that has a lower/tighter cap that goes on the end of your outdrive, and the steering ram's would have fit inside of your exhaust.

Just for future reference.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Rage hyd steering-elimxx-021.jpg  
Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Registered

Question?
Are there any possible issues with the exhaust exiting towards the hydraulic cylinder? My Rage's exhaust is set up just as in the picture. I've been looking into hydraulic steering systems also and was a little concerned about the heat issue. I was wonder if the water cooled it enough as it exited the boat?

Thanx!

Pat
Old 10-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tom,

Thanks for bringing this back up, I appreciate it! It looks like the Mayfair kit cleared your exhaust no problem.

Are your tips completely submerged while floating? I forgot to check mine before the season ended... My previous boat had quite a crackle at idle, since that motor is headed for this hull I am a little concerned about the ability to run mufflers.

Are the trim ram spacers you installed internal to the rams?

Incase anyone is interested, here's a virgin transom with the 02 era exhaust location.

Jon
Attached Thumbnails Rage hyd steering-a0003.jpg  
Old 10-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
IMCO makes a "tight fit" steering system that has a lower/tighter cap that goes on the end of your outdrive, and the steering ram's would have fit inside of your exhaust.

Just for future reference.

Chris
Did you notice a reduced turning radius with the shorter rams? In a previous conversation with IMCO they mentioned the longer rams would be more maneuverable.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered

I was told by numerous people that the heat from the exhaust was not a problem for the steering cylinder. I did loose a little turning radius after the install.
My exhaust is below the water line while floating. Its funny how people say my boat is quiet around the dock......then I take off
The trim ram stops do go on the inside of the cylinder. Its very easy though, you don't even have to unhook them. Just unscrew the glan nut on the end and the "U" shaped stop slides over the ram and into the cyl. It took two on each side for mine, they run about $8 a pair.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Registered

if you need a add on hyd, system i am selling mine off of my heat it is a imco with the cap on the drive and not the wing plate. i would like to get $500.00 for it oh and it has brand new kevlar hoses. jerry

Quick Reply: Rage hyd steering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.