Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Questions for "faster" Flame owners (kinda long) >

Questions for "faster" Flame owners (kinda long)

Notices

Questions for "faster" Flame owners (kinda long)

Old 04-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Franksmarine
Steve, here is a little history on this 28 heat. We sold this boat new in 2002 with a 500 efi and XZ drive standard height. In 2003 we installed a whipple, from what I can remember we were getting in the high 80's. Then in 2004 Glen still wasn't happy with the speed so we installed a 598 Paul Phaff Quad Rotor 1200hp. The first six hours with this motor the XZ let loose, installed an Imco which did as well as the XZ, 6 hours! After those drive failures we installed a Bmax which held up well except the coupling that connects the upper and lower drive. We were running a 1:36 gear ratio with a 30 pitch Bravo and with me driving I seen 106 mph on GPS. They must of added some upgrades to get it to 1300hp and a better prop which could easily get this boat to that 115 mark.
Frank
Hi Frank,
Thanks for the information on the "mystery Heat". I am a believer it can be done with that kind of horsepower. Several of us are running in the mid 90s with a lot less. Having popped a few drives with less, my/our question was how he was keeping a drive on it with 1200/1300 HP. Sounds like he has the same problem everyone else does.
How does it handle over 100?
I hope you guys can make the Regatta !
Best Regards,
Steve
Old 04-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boat got a little squirrely at close to 100---after 100 it got better. So far there are 4 boats planning on coming that's if everyone sticks to the plan. Looking forwar to meeting everyone.
Frank
Old 04-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Franksmarine
The boat got a little squirrely at close to 100---after 100 it got better. So far there are 4 boats planning on coming that's if everyone sticks to the plan. Looking forwar to meeting everyone.
Frank
Hi Frank,
I'm glad to hear you are coming to the Regatta ..
We are looking forward to meeting you guys. We'll have hotel information ASAP. We are trying to get as close to Anchor High as possible, and a good group rate.
Best Regards,
Steve
Old 04-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Registered

Default fastest heat

Wazzup Nordic Boys. Yes Frank sold this boat. It's one BAD RIDE. The motor was dynoed at JTM Performance Marine with the large pullys,it made 1125 hp after tune. He ran 106 with that set up,about 10 lb boost. then after a few beers and a bunch of sh-t talking he changed the pullys and installed a new fuel pump.Then it was off to the water for test and tune time. 15lb boost ,30pitch 5 blade and a laptop we were in. Half tank of fuel and 4 man crew we made 4 runs. each run faster. The GPS doesn't lie 114. I gave him the last mile because he's my Bud. GPS' are slow to read,he didn't hold it there. What a ride. And yes it's a drive breaker!!!! He's on number 4 Bmax. I would rather race for a day than be a spectator for life!!!!! We live for speed!!
Attached Thumbnails Questions for "faster" Flame owners (kinda long)-image100.jpg  

Last edited by risingsun; 04-06-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dwane
We didnt see 115 that day
Yep your right, you didn't!
Old 04-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Hi Frank,
I'm glad to hear you are coming to the Regatta ..
We are looking forward to meeting you guys. We'll have hotel information ASAP. We are trying to get as close to Anchor High as possible, and a good group rate.
Best Regards,
Steve
Hi Steve, I am the offspring of Mr mystery heat and yes it has been done but i can tell you it has taken many years, money, trials, and tribulations, however it has payed off. on top off evrything you have already discovered on our baby we also own a performance coating co. which she has been our test project and i cosign that yes the coatings work very well, I have been in the boat watching the gps and opp the radar gun and have personally watched it bounce of the 114, 115 mark. So the moral of the story is we all know what a big heavy boat our heats our, but enough skrilla and determination she will get there. Infact i do not think we will be pleased till 120. Thanks
Budrow
Old 04-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by budrow79
Hi Steve, I am the offspring of Mr mystery heat and yes it has been done but i can tell you it has taken many years, money, trials, and tribulations, however it has payed off. on top off evrything you have already discovered on our baby we also own a performance coating co. which she has been our test project and i cosign that yes the coatings work very well, I have been in the boat watching the gps and opp the radar gun and have personally watched it bounce of the 114, 115 mark. So the moral of the story is we all know what a big heavy boat our heats our, but enough skrilla and determination she will get there. Infact i do not think we will be pleased till 120. Thanks
Budrow
Wazzup Budrow welcome to OSO!!! Is almost time to rock on the River!! Time to get the girl out and clean her up! Im building a 900hp for my ride,maybe catch up to the BIG GUY! Don't know about 115 I might need a few more feet !!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by budrow79
Budrow
Budrow,
Good to hear from you. Are you sure you're not from Louisiana instead of OH (that's a LA nickname)...
I hope you are coming to the Nashvegas Nordic Regatta. We would like to see your setup, and it's always good to meet another Nordic motorhead..........
Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 04-15-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Budrow,
Good to hear from you. Are you sure you're not from Louisiana instead of OH (that's a LA nickname)...
I hope you are coming to the Nashvegas Nordic Regatta. We would like to see your setup, and it's always good to meet another Nordic motorhead..........
Best Regards,
Steve
Wazzup Nordic Boys !!!!!!
This is just a little pic I snaped. Its not the 115 day,but I think you'll get the point. This pic is from 2 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails Questions for "faster" Flame owners (kinda long)-04-16-09_1109%5B1%5D-2-.jpg  
Old 04-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered

Default heya rising sun

hows it going, sounds like you guys stirred up a hornets nest. Im excited to get out there this year. cant wait to check out your new hammer.

Quick Reply: Questions for "faster" Flame owners (kinda long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.