XR drive ??? >

XR drive ???

Notices

XR drive ???

Old 08-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pesky Varmint
That being the case, and since you have it this far apart, certainly you'll replace the coupler. It's not that expensive, especially compared to what it costs to have a shop replace it. Anything else would be false economy.

Been there, done that.

Pesky Varmint
Yes I did change the coupler. I had to beat the old spline out of the coupler. The old spline had a twist to it so I new I may have to change the coupler. I will get pictuers too. We are headed to Spokane to get the drive its done Heha its done the summer is going by FAST. thank for the help C n T Smith
Old 08-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Registered

Smile

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Yes I did change the coupler. I had to beat the old spline out of the coupler. The old spline had a twist to it so I new I may have to change the coupler. I will get pictuers too. We are headed to Spokane to get the drive its done Heha its done the summer is going by FAST. thank for the help C n T Smith
Yahoo we are up and running. Went right back togather nice. I have pictures. C n T
Attached Thumbnails XR drive ???-2009-066.jpg   XR drive ???-2009-067.jpg   XR drive ???-2009-065.jpg  

Old 08-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

Good to hear buddy, I hope Vince did not beat you up to bad!!!! He does do good work. So you dont have to worry about that. I'm glad that your all back together. There is still some Summer left. Do we know what really happened ????? Looks like a bad gear???
Old 08-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Registered

Smile

Originally Posted by I DIG IT !!
Good to hear buddy, I hope Vince did not beat you up to bad!!!! He does do good work. So you dont have to worry about that. I'm glad that your all back together. There is still some Summer left. Do we know what really happened ????? Looks like a bad gear???
Lets just say the first year the boat was run harder than I should have. I think MAYBE got some air without pulling back on the throttle or I hit something??? We all ways run out as soon as the wind comes up . This boat loves windy days. So i dont blame Mercury at all. **** happens if you dont drive it right. C n T