Thinking out loud

Notices

Thinking out loud

Old 01-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwane
Dean, I have 500EFI's with stage 1 Prochargers 5lbs boost 50 hrs on refresh, IMCO drives with two sets of props 36 four blades and 34 five blades, trailer sandblasted and repainted with new bunks and tires.
D,
Sounds like your Flame is very HOT! What speeds are you seeing and how does she handle @ those speeds?
Dean
Old 01-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by jima97
You're right, there are some very attractive deal out there now. You must be looking a Fountain or a Cig. Whatever you get you will love the staggered after playing in the engine compartment of the Flame. I traded mine, huge convenience factor if a dealer has the one you want. I wouldn't put any more money in the boat. I would trade it in with the engines it has for the boat and power you really want and sell the 500's out right for beer, gas money and poker runs.
J,
Thanks for the input, and I hear ya on the trade vs. selling out right convenience factor. I've watched your old 35 and a couple of other 35 sit on the net for sale for over a year?
They are great boats, they just don't seem to have a "Cult" following like some other brands......
I sent you a PM.
Thanks,
Dean
Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you need a cult? I found those cult members are pretty superficial. I look at it as how much fun I have, not who I travel with. Just my 2 cents. each there own.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:40 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Linster
Do you need a cult? I found those cult members are pretty superficial. I look at it as how much fun I have, not who I travel with. Just my 2 cents. each there own.
L,
Nay, I nevered needed a cult, I pretty much go my own way. Anyway, looks like we are going ease up on the new boat thing, and keep the Nordic. It's paid for and it's a great boat. Just going to repower it....
Thanks,
Dean
Old 01-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my book, the 35' Flame, like most Nordics, are by far best bang-for-buck. Period. Not to mention, I think still among the top-tier "best looking" boats on the water, at nearly any price. A day on the water never passes without someone commenting on how nice my Heat looks, and without me feeling the same way. My $.02.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
D,
Sounds like your Flame is very HOT! What speeds are you seeing and how does she handle @ those speeds?
Dean
Dean, The fastest I saw last year was 101.6, when we get up around 90 mph you need a little tab it will start bouncing from side to side. I don’t do it to often I've been through motors and drives. We just like to boat around and have a good time. Like IN2DEEP said they are "best looking" boats on the water for the $.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Registered

Maybe someday my Heat will grow up to be a Flame???
Old 01-15-2010, 05:05 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by In2Deep
In my book, the 35' Flame, like most Nordics, are by far best bang-for-buck. Period. Not to mention, I think still among the top-tier "best looking" boats on the water, at nearly any price. A day on the water never passes without someone commenting on how nice my Heat looks, and without me feeling the same way. My $.02.
In2deep,
I agree, they are great boats, and my boat is fast for the power it has, (79 MPH w/ 502MPIs), they have a very effiecent bottom. I just have new boat fever with all the deals that are out on the web.

Dean
Old 01-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Dwane
Dean, The fastest I saw last year was 101.6, when we get up around 90 mph you need a little tab it will start bouncing from side to side. I don’t do it to often I've been through motors and drives. We just like to boat around and have a good time. Like IN2DEEP said they are "best looking" boats on the water for the $.
D,
WOW, that's cooking! We too are just into boating with our kids and friends. I wonder what speeds I would see with ~ 600 hp motors?
Congrats on your set-up, BTW, what HP are your motors?
thanks,
Dean

BTW, what do you have for a boarding ladder?
I can't seem to find one that I can mount to the swim platform, we use a "Rope Ladder" off the ski pylon!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:10 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by I DIG IT !!
Maybe someday my Heat will grow up to be a Flame???
I can help you with that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.