Nordic vs Baja

Notices

Nordic vs Baja

Old 10-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
Actually Steve, the windshield melted in Havasu. My friend had towed it down there for their annual regatta in July when this happened. Im not trying to slam the Nordic brand and in fact I like their boats (best looking design out there IMO). I would like to mention that the next year when my friend was back in Havasu (for the desert storm poker run) he brought his boat into the factory and they offered to replace the windshield for free! Overall though most people here in Seattle that have been in his boat agree it doesnt feel like a very solid boat (just being honest). They look great but I wouldnt want one in any area which has big water.

In regards to your question on my Powerquest--its the best boat I have ever owned. Its a solid built boat and is tight as a drum even after 16 years of use (no rattles and nothing has broken on it). Im very happy with it and thanks for asking.
Who's Nordic Heat are you refering to?
I think I know just about every Heat owner in the area.

Chris

P.S. Your Powerquest is indeed very nice....But I like my Heat better!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris,
Im not going to post full names but first names are Joe and Shannon. They bought their 2002 Nordic Heat in February 2003 at the Seattle Boat show. Its been a good boat for them (they have over 750 hours on it!!) but I know Shannon has said she would never buy another Nordic because of the quality issues with this boat...Joe on the other hand has said that he would buy another one but agrees that its had its problems. They've both been on my boat and both agree it feels 100 times more solid BUT they still like the look of theirs more...
Anyway, Im moving on from this thread. I simply wanted to give some unbiased feedback to someone who was asking and did not mean to hurt anyones feelings.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:45 AM
sandman
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Nordic is tight as a drum, doesnt rattle, is built with wood, runs over 70 on stock power with a non step hull thats nearing 20 years old and still crushes wave better than any of the newer boats I've tested. I would put it against any like sized boat in big water.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
Chris,
Im not going to post full names but first names are Joe and Shannon. They bought their 2002 Nordic Heat in February 2003 at the Seattle Boat show. Its been a good boat for them (they have over 750 hours on it!!) but I know Shannon has said she would never buy another Nordic because of the quality issues with this boat...Joe on the other hand has said that he would buy another one but agrees that its had its problems. They've both been on my boat and both agree it feels 100 times more solid BUT they still like the look of theirs more...
Anyway, Im moving on from this thread. I simply wanted to give some unbiased feedback to someone who was asking and did not mean to hurt anyones feelings.
You're calling yourself unbiased?

Pesky Varmint
Old 10-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speed ya we got some...... it also has the biggest cockpit and the Baja's are 6 inches wider than most at 8'6" wide. Fit and finish this is a 16 year old boat do you see any issues with fit and finish ????

And its FOR SALE in the Baja section of the classifieds with the rest of the Mercedes and BMW's.
Attached Thumbnails Nordic vs Baja-39-ocean-express-005.jpg   Nordic vs Baja-1994-32-caliber-014.jpg   Nordic vs Baja-1994-32-caliber-007.jpg  

Nordic vs Baja-1994-32-caliber-018.jpg   Nordic vs Baja-1994-32-caliber-010.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the Nordic section...so I still say...That Nordic's rock...and Baja's suck!

Cool looking...sucky..boat though.

Chris

Last edited by CB-BLR; 10-26-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:13 AM
sandman
Gold Member

I didn't think fit and finish was something you could ascertain by looking at a photo.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered

I have been in two 25ft Outlaws, a 1998 with a 502 and a 2003 with a 496HO. Both were nice boats and were solid with how much they weighed in a 25 footer. Next was the 2006 Nordic Heat mid cuddy open bow, lots of more room and can handle rougher water being 3ft longer. I do think Nordic is a step up from a Baja and most would agree. best thing about the Nordic is it turns heads anywhere it goes and it will hold its value. It's supply and demand, lots of Baja's out their so they are easy to come by.

Jt
Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41
Speed ya we got some...... it also has the biggest cockpit and the Baja's are 6 inches wider than most at 8'6" wide. Fit and finish this is a 16 year old boat do you see any issues with fit and finish ????

And its FOR SALE in the Baja section of the classifieds with the rest of the Mercedes and BMW's.
I like the motors!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

You can`t beat the Bajas for what they do with with their cockpits.. so much more room than any other brand.. their quad seating is awesome imop

The HEAT and Sunsation don`t look like a true 28' boats with those built in swim platforms, I`ve been looking at 30'+ since my AT is a true 25' boat I wouldn`t be gaining much going to a 288 for example. Am I correct in my thinking?

My current favorite is a 30' concept but I can`t find too many for sale.
I like the extra room absent of the I/O

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 01-05-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.