Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
New to me Heat-  Storage ideas, performance, etc... >

New to me Heat- Storage ideas, performance, etc...

Notices

New to me Heat- Storage ideas, performance, etc...

Old 08-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me Heat- Storage ideas, performance, etc...

Just got my Heat. Its a 2000 closed bow. Love the boat so far.
Questions I have that maybe you guys could answer. All the links I have searched for don't have pictures anymore on this forum.
Storage is non existent on this thing! Im thinking access panel under the V Birth cushion, behind the cabin seats, and under the cabin seats. Any ideas welcome!
Performance wise I will be putting more power to it. What do these boats run MPH wise with what power and how stable is the hull up to what speed?
I think I will need tabs when I get bigger power.

Thanks for any input!
Old 08-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

If you don't have tabs right now, I suspect you don't have hydraulic steering either. IF that's correct, be certain that you budget for full hydraulic steering in you build plan.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

I got 67 once (running with wind & current, 1 person, low fuel, cool day) with my 496HO, they are not particularly fast boats but being the fastest out there has never been my primary focus. I had tons of storage in my '02, in fact I thought the cabin in the 28 was better than ANY other 28 out there and many larger boats. There are a bunch of members here that have put much bigger HP in them than I did so hopefully they'll chime in.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Registered

With a 500EFI, at 900 feet, she will run over 70 pretty consistently. With a little research back in the day, which was a Wednesday, seems 600hp is the magic number to break into the 80s. What are your goals? A few of the guys on here with the 1k+ go boats will break into triple digits, and you can surmise what is needed betwixt those two numbers
Old 08-16-2017, 07:08 AM
Registered

Ive seen pictures of some that have cut out below the side cushion on the cabin and created space there. Although, I cannot find those pictures anymore, maybe somebody in here can post them or has done it.

I have an 03' with a 525/XR setup and have hit 72.5 with 3 ppl and nearly half tanks on both sides. Thinking I may get 75 under the right conditions.