She runs, we hit the century mark, 100mph >

She runs, we hit the century mark, 100mph

Notices

She runs, we hit the century mark, 100mph

Old 09-11-2020, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default She runs, we hit the century mark, 100mph

Almost exactly a year later, brand new PSI block with 10.6 pistons, HP3 heads, Raylar 206 cam, porting, on the crap procharger 496 blower we produced 2.9psi and made a whopping 1013 hp max tq was 925 at 5700 rpm the blower was dust and the old style straight vain. After dyno session, someone mentioned that Procharger has a hotrod/development shop. I sent a spare blower I had to them and gave them the specs of the dyno pull and for about 2K they returned 9 inch impeller style but much wider and bigger blower that would fit my 496 dressed engine. The claimed it should make about 8-12 lbs depending on my rpm. They also upped the max rpm it could handle. Its now able to spin 60K plus. Well, that messed all the fuel tables and ignition etc. SO my friend, Jim the owner of Arizona Speed and Marine sat on my boat and we ran it and dialed it in, during the most aggressive run we hit 100 mph..............scariest thing I have done in a long time. The speedo line blew off the back of the speedo and drenched the back of my dash etc. We had been having some crazy high rpm fuel issues and come to find out my pre pump fuel filter was clogged and my fuel pressure was not set right, we were about 13lbs off, meaning dash gauge showed 43lbs and the rail was at 30 psi..........I can spin the 32P labbed (mercury racing did it) bravo to 6500 rpm Frankly guys moving that fast on a small lake is terrifying to me. We were at Lake Pleasant in Arizona. Ill get my simrad to record some GPS for you naysayers that wont believe until post some pics........but here are few i thought you would enjoy. Thanks to Jim who did this on a 115 degree day here in Arizona. ASM and Jim are amazing people..........remember if you own a blue top merc motor Jim and Arizona Speed and Marine designed and built it. He builds/casts all the merc blue motor intakes. With new blower we are thinking we have close to 1300hp going from 2.9lbs to 8.7lbs......I had a blower belt jump and it still pulled 78 mph through the dead blower lol.

Last edited by Cerberus66; 09-11-2020 at 02:08 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Cerberus66:
87MirageIntruder (09-17-2020), Ryan00TJ (09-12-2020), SB (09-18-2020), sonicss42 (09-11-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 06:31 PM
Registered

Here is a data log from Saturday 32P prop gps speed at 90 8.2lbs of boost and 30% throttle

The following users liked this post:
87MirageIntruder (09-17-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome project to see come together. It will be nice when you get all the tuning done and run the bugs out of the powertrain so you can just enjoy.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 87MirageIntruder View Post
Awesome project to see come together. It will be nice when you get all the tuning done and run the bugs out of the powertrain so you can just enjoy.
The past month I have busted my ass getting all the little things taken care of,
fuel table learning
idle rpm using afr,fuel and ignition timing.
Blower bypass valve assembly kept blowing out of hose works so now i have to get the tubing rolled so it will stay clamped on
Oil Catch Can install
Jim Shofner (Arizona Speed and Marine) and Larry Hoffer (Raylar Engineering) are very proud of this monster......As am I. She does like the race fuel so after all this gets tuned I think we are going to detune it by reducing boost to sane levels. My effective compression ratio is around 18 to 1. If i run 2-4psi I can make 1000hp on 91 octane reduce my incoming air temps and blower temp.

Old 09-18-2020, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what you're going through. It's sure fun but I'll also be glad when my tuning is complete and I can relax a little with it. I just got my ECM back from Whipple after my second test data results so they could tweak the map. We will see how they did.

Winter project for me will be installing a larger oil cooler I think. It got up to 240 (in Oregon) which is acceptable but I'd like a little more cooling capacity so it could handle trips to Havasu.

Wayne