Upstate NY/ Sacandaga lake >

Upstate NY/ Sacandaga lake

Notices

Upstate NY/ Sacandaga lake

Old 06-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 90Velocity
So far I haven't heard of anyone getting ticketed for loud exhaust or speed. There is a 45 MPH limit in the town of Day at the north end. All the hazards are well marked. Just watch the danger bouys. The lake level changes throughout the year. It's usually higher in the spring and less chance of hitting bottom
Thanks, that is good news. I think I remember seeing your boat at the Lake George run last fall. Also thinking of moving to G-land(or another Albany suburb) in a year or two...
Old 06-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Thanks, that is good news. I think I remember seeing your boat at the Lake George run last fall. Also thinking of moving to G-land(or another Albany suburb) in a year or two...
I was there. It was a blast running with all the big boats. There were so many awesome boats there that day. I wonder if there was ever a video made?
Old 06-17-2007, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'm up there a few times a year. Don't forget to go to Beer Harbor and look for Rattlesnake Jake, he's a good guy!

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 06-18-2007, 06:22 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 90Velocity
I was there. It was a blast running with all the big boats. There were so many awesome boats there that day. I wonder if there was ever a video made?
There was on Lucididee's website. We ran right next to you for most of the run. Great Looking and Running Boat!!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Paisan
I'm up there a few times a year. Don't forget to go to Beer Harbor and look for Rattlesnake Jake, he's a good guy!

-mike
Jake is a very nice guy!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Registered

Hey Bob, do you know what time the Rondack Romp run is to the Dam? Usually its Sunday morning right? Ive missed them the last few years but id like to get up there early enough to check it out, from what I remember its pretty early in the AM which can be tough for me on Sundays, luckily I usually wake up on the boat....
Old 06-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
I'm looking forward to my first boat trip to Sacandaga for the poker run July 28th(I've snowmobiled on that lake many times).

Are they pretty lenient with speeds/noise on that lake? Are there a lot of hazards like rocks, sandbars, etc.?
Im excited about that run, should be a good time! I wouldnt worry too much about the sandbars and stuff in July. Usually its after Labor Day when they become an issue and you have to "know the lake". There will be plenty of regulars there to follow anyway. Snowmobiling on that lake is the best way to learn where not to go, thats how I did, the water is so low all winter you can see all the hazards...
Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Paisan

-mike
I was there a couple times for a few hours already. It is fun!

fast fun 2 Quote:
There was on Lucididee's website. We ran right next to you for most of the run. Great Looking and Running Boat!!
Thanks so is yours. Every boat there was. I saw that video. That was all the still shots put together. I was wondering about running shots.

dagah2x Hey Bob, do you know what time the Rondack Romp run is to the Dam? Usually its Sunday morning right? Ive missed them the last few years but id like to get up there early enough to check it out, from what I remember its pretty early in the AM which can be tough for me on Sundays, luckily I usually wake up on the boat....
They start from Northville at 10AM Rob. I will be burning some serious fuel this weekend!

Last edited by 90Velocity; 06-20-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dagah2x
Hey Bob, do you know what time the Rondack Romp run is to the Dam? Usually its Sunday morning right? Ive missed them the last few years but id like to get up there early enough to check it out, from what I remember its pretty early in the AM which can be tough for me on Sundays, luckily I usually wake up on the boat....

10 am sharp from the campground Sunday
party across fr4om the Flipp

07 Rondak Romp Business Thread!!!!!!!
Posted By Liqui-Fly
Come On Now

I have a list of 60+ people and 40+ boats