Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Philadelphia Area >

Philadelphia Area

Notices

Philadelphia Area

Old 06-28-2010, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don,t waste your time on something small tiggs. plenty of decent boats to be had right now. i would go 26 ft or bigger if i were you. where are you located? you definatly want if possible a fresh water trailer queen boat. took me about 6 months to find mine but it was worth the wait. pm me your # and i will give you a call... mark
Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mookymonkey
don,t waste your time on something small tiggs. plenty of decent boats to be had right now. i would go 26 ft or bigger if i were you. where are you located? you definatly want if possible a fresh water trailer queen boat. took me about 6 months to find mine but it was worth the wait. pm me your # and i will give you a call... mark
I'm on the same page mooky, just figured if a deal comes along I wouldent pass it up.
I'm itching to get the family out fishing or cruising on a Sunday. Also curious to see how the lady responds, and whether or not shes gonna play along. She has a fear of drowning so therefore usually avoids water activities.

Located in center city Philadelphia a couple blocks from the Art Museum.

I know I'm jumping around now, but I am balancing out the convenience of small boat that is easy to setup and get moving and tow along like a little jet boat. I would not even need to get rid of it when I find what I'm looking for. Maybe a Yamaha jet boat or something, just something to last minute take to the lake or bay with minimal effort and allow my family to drive and play, wake-board, tube and such.

Well.... I guess I want two boats.

Mooky I'm gonna PM you my Number

Last edited by Tiggs; 06-30-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:12 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man you sure are all over the place. Fishing, wakeboarding, power boating, cruising, jet boat. My guess is, if your wife is afraid of water sports, the bigger the boat the better. More stable. Nothing too fast, maybe 60-70 mph. Depending on what your using to tow with, say 26-30 ft. You living in center city, where are you intending on keeping the boat at? Hey Mark, sounds like he should buy your boat and you move on up? Tiggs, just my 2cts but I think you need to do some more research, maybe try to get some time in a few different boats, styles and sizes. Don't make any quick decisions or purchases.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Registered

mark, i'll give you a call tomorrow, gonna go down to philly for the day and night on saturday and then up to the sandbar and over to trenton thunder for there fireworks on sunday.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:08 AM
Registered

call me this am bruce. i got your message. we are going out sunday from croyden around 9-10 am. we can hook up somewhere... mark
Old 07-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey guys a group of us are meeting up at Turkey Point Sunday at 10:30 for a lunch run on the bay if your interested.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered

we are coming down next weekend jdub. will be launching at the goose. possibly friday-sat stay and then home early sunday am
Old 07-03-2010, 11:32 AM
jln
Registered

Hey Mark happy 4th to you and Nancy . catch up with you early in the week
Old 07-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Registered

mark, don't think i'll be out tomorrow, just got back in from philly, i gotta find a fuel leak. if i find it i'll be out later in the day.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Man you sure are all over the place. Fishing, wakeboarding, power boating, cruising, jet boat. My guess is, if your wife is afraid of water sports, the bigger the boat the better. More stable. Nothing too fast, maybe 60-70 mph. Depending on what your using to tow with, say 26-30 ft. You living in center city, where are you intending on keeping the boat at? Hey Mark, sounds like he should buy your boat and you move on up? Tiggs, just my 2cts but I think you need to do some more research, maybe try to get some time in a few different boats, styles and sizes. Don't make any quick decisions or purchases.
Yup too many boat options out there....
I live in center city but storage I am not worried about thanks to projects getting help up with financing nowadays I have enough vacant land or garages to put a boat in.

Thank for the call mark, I left you a message back.

Went and looked at a few boats yesterday and now I'm even more confused with all the options. The larger boat for the lady makes sense I think my max length is about 36-ish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.