Beverly, Ma. POKER RUN >

Beverly, Ma. POKER RUN

Notices

Beverly, Ma. POKER RUN

Old 08-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
that run to Plymouth is a bit long, that run should not go any lower than Boston if you guys go to Gloucester or keep it north and go to Gloucester then around to Rockport then in the river and head south to Beverly, that would be shorter, man I was up at long lake 13 miles long and the lil lake 2 miles long south after the river and it great up there, but you can cover there and back in 20mins, I can't imagine going a poker run on webster it must of took 5 mins to reach shop, I have not heard from anyone that ran it so, I like them to be20 to 40 mins a stop myself. fallriver is the balls water was 2 footers this year NEWPORT FOR LUNCH thats tops. good luck on getting it shorter plymouth has got to be a hour from Beverly its 20 to 30 mins from Boston.
yea, thats what im saying.
it should go from beverly to boston, that could be the long run, its about 18 miles to the mouth of boston. from boston over to glouchester which again is about the same 18 or so miles

glouchester to rock port and if its good everyone can run around the outside, if its to bad the little guys can run the river, then the last stop could be mysery island which is about 7 miles from glouchester then about a 3 mile run back into beverly.
thats a run myself and allot of other 20-30 foot boats could and would do.
situet (sp) and plymouth are way to long of a run in boats like mine if the water is bad, and 90% of the time you dont see under 3 footers on that streach, so 3 hours in 3-4 footers gets old fast and we can only cruz 40 ish threw that stuff so we would be a few hours behind the big boys. lol

webster was a great great time!!! i will be doing it again next year without a question. The run was short, i think in total we did about 10-13 miles on the run, but befor the run we had a great little get together/drivers meet, sign up etc, then as people finished up we all gathered at the little sand bar and had a great great time, drinkin, volly ball, swiming etc etc, then the party/dinner was a great time, good food, good prizes, dancing etc etc etc. we cranked it up till 1am!!! good stuff for sure
Old 08-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree shorten it up, I have a 30 and can run in some chop but don't want to burn 200 gallons of fuel, keep it around Beverly,Salem, Nahant, Revere even, end at kettles Cove so everyone can get out and hang in the water after
Old 08-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by markt111
i agree shorten it up, I have a 30 and can run in some chop but don't want to burn 200 gallons of fuel, keep it around Beverly,Salem, Nahant, Revere even, end at kettles Cove so everyone can get out and hang in the water after
thats a good run too. maybe walter from TKOs can put a run that starts at his place in Scituate at TKOs then Green harbor in Mashfield then Plymouth back up to Cohasset then up to Quincy Marina Bay for lunch then back to TKOs at Scituate . we could have four runs next year on the ocean . the fallriver in aug/ the fairhaven one in sept a july run walter a beverly run june or late sept plus maine and webster if they make SURE not to have it the same as fallriver we could plan this so there 2 weeks a part otherwise I will go to fallriver they started it back in the 90s. but to have a total of 6 pokerruns over the summer to go to would be great and if we could keep or get the entry fee back to 150.00 or less would mean more boats at each event for sure. once you go up to 200, plus gas for boat and truck it adds up quick. Walter is racing this year again so maybe if I TALK TO HIM OVER THE WINTER and do some of the leg work for these guys we could have 1 to 2 runs a month from june to sept or oct.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

i'm with noyzee anything over a foot and a half to two feet and not many people want to ride along, nevermind the tube of 5200 and screws i need to put back at the end lol
Old 08-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
i'm with noyzee anything over a foot and a half to two feet and not many people want to ride along, nevermind the tube of 5200 and screws i need to put back at the end lol
haha, i hear you. lol

you coming for the event?
i know if they dont change it we will be running some of it, then chillin out so either way we will make a fun day of it.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

sounds like i'd probably be up for that, gotta see how things go i'm trying to pick up that tantrum with no power in florida so may have to pinch some pennies.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Registered

good deal, let me know i will give you some directions to the good boat ramp. the one in salem sucks!!! there are 2 others that are good within about 15 min of port.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beverly Poker Run

Has anyone signed up other than myself ??? When Steve called me he said if 10 boats don't show it will be shut down...WTF... 10 BOATS !!! Did anyone else make a commitment ? Michael "HIGH LIFE"
Old 09-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered

I know atleast 6 of us are going to go and do the trip from beverly to boston, then back into beverly. if they made the course more local then i think you would see more boats sign up, and if they dropped the price a tad you would see atleast 10 more boats. I think its to bad that its going to be cancled but if they changed it around a bit i think they could make it a succes.
like i said we will be that way saturday either way but im not paying that kind of coin for one card, a hamberger and a photo neither are the 6+ boats i know that would do it if they changed it.
oh well.

Im sure the big outer limits will be doing it, Scott with the 388 slingshot is unsure, john with the 47 said he might be in, but no one wants to burn threw the fuel for a slim chance and slim winnings
Old 09-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 696 Likes on 350 Posts

i'm on the fence,i can bring 3-4 boats but $40/ paasenger for burgers and chicken is tuff to swallow.borden light pr was $200/ boat of 4 people.they had a pool and tiki bar,seems to be a much better bargain.hell ptown's just 23mi away and i can get a lobster roll at the lobster pot and have some change left over for ice cream at ben and jerry's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.