Beverly, Ma. POKER RUN >

Beverly, Ma. POKER RUN

Notices

Beverly, Ma. POKER RUN

Old 08-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beverly, Ma. POKER RUN

Just got a call from Steve @ Beverly Port Marina to join in at the POKER RUN on SEPT 12.................... details to follow. "HIGH LIFE"
Old 08-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool Beverly, Mass. Poker Run

Steve, Left a message here also. Goin' to Fairhaven, the weekend before, [NPBA] Run, See what I can do! Heard it was a good time!!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any word if its the same run as last time?

just wondering as its a very long run in alot of open water so myself and atleast 10 other local boats dont join in because it cost allot and we cant make the hole run do to weather, fuel, etc. i'll prob just go to grab pics again
Old 08-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Registered

the same

its always been pretty much the same.Do what I do go on someone elses.You wont lose a motor or drive.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Registered

Brad come on u can follow me like you did last week... You know brad thats acually a great idea maybe steve can make a shorter run for the smaller boats. I think all of the poker runs should do that it would bring the boat count way up and make the events a bigger success. With the economy the way it is and people getting out of go fast boats we need to do something to change the way we think of poker runs we all know it,s not a race..... and there could be cruisers center consoles and smaller boats aswell. Poker run comittes have to change there way of thinking and make there runs more accomodating for smaller boats and cruisers. I would much rather see 40 boats than see 20... We had a Poker run on our lake a couple weeks ago and we had 62 regestered boats of all kinds... And we had a great time. We had 273 people at the banquet and everyone had a great time.
MIKE
Old 08-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beverly PR

818181, I plan on going to Fairhaven too, see you there. Plan on staying for both days. When I talked to Steve he mentioned they might change the run. Last year it was a long run from Plymouth back to Beverly ! "HIGH LIFE"
Old 08-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Scope runs two different routes for their run for larger and smaller boats.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Registered

Mike, your run was great!!! boats from 47 fountains to 18 foot pontoon boats!!! it was easy, laid back, affordable, and a great time.

I agree, you know if the run was a bit shorter and on the easier side i would be in, lou, ervin, joel, dan, rob, etc etc etc. but they miss out on us entering because we cant make the run unless the weather is perfect.
If they did say one car at the marina, one in boston, one in glouchester, one at Kettle cove and one at mysery island thats a doable run for the 22+ foot boats. easy run and it would take us just as long as the big boys to do the long run, then have a great party. maybe someone can get the guy running this thing to poke his nose on here and see if its doable for them. like i said, i think they would have a few more entries if they advertise this.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
Mike, your run was great!!! boats from 47 fountains to 18 foot pontoon boats!!! it was easy, laid back, affordable, and a great time.

I agree, you know if the run was a bit shorter and on the easier side i would be in, lou, ervin, joel, dan, rob, etc etc etc. but they miss out on us entering because we cant make the run unless the weather is perfect.
If they did say one car at the marina, one in boston, one in glouchester, one at Kettle cove and one at mysery island thats a doable run for the 22+ foot boats. easy run and it would take us just as long as the big boys to do the long run, then have a great party. maybe someone can get the guy running this thing to poke his nose on here and see if its doable for them. like i said, i think they would have a few more entries if they advertise this.
that run to Plymouth is a bit long, that run should not go any lower than Boston if you guys go to Gloucester or keep it north and go to Gloucester then around to Rockport then in the river and head south to Beverly, that would be shorter, man I was up at long lake 13 miles long and the lil lake 2 miles long south after the river and it great up there, but you can cover there and back in 20mins, I can't imagine going a poker run on webster it must of took 5 mins to reach shop, I have not heard from anyone that ran it so, I like them to be20 to 40 mins a stop myself. fallriver is the balls water was 2 footers this year NEWPORT FOR LUNCH thats tops. good luck on getting it shorter plymouth has got to be a hour from Beverly its 20 to 30 mins from Boston.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool Beverly, Poker Run

Great, Billy Frenz need's boat's! C ya there!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.