Notices

Clinton Ct

Old 07-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
I believe they call that delusions of grandure and in that area you are correct Cigarette owners are number 1!

LOL

Alright I call for a truce on this one.

I was just stirring the pot a little.

If there were no sutphens I would maybe, possibly,consider buying a cigarette even though they were just a take off of a bertram named moppie.
Its ok Jeff, the Cig guys are just jealous because the Sutphen is much faster and can run past them in the real rough![/QUOTE]

This is going to led to some real fun I think. I know that Sutphen is fast and runs good but for the hell of it we should grab a hand full boats and next time there is some big water out in Block Island sound let's go out and have some fun. Sam Gorham on the board here has access to a helicopter maybe he can get footage. The Sutphen is flat out faster then my boat, but the old Cafe does real good in the rough.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sam gorham
There's a guy out of Guilford that runs a 30+ ft Sut, keeps it on trailer at his house, He's a cop in town here. It sounds like that one, My 2 cents
supposed to be a 26 thats a 33 I dont think an OSO member would confuse those two, but you never know I guess.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
Its ok Jeff, the Cig guys are just jealous because the Sutphen is much faster and can run past them in the real rough!
This is going to led to some real fun I think. I know that Sutphen is fast and runs good but for the hell of it we should grab a hand full boats and next time there is some big water out in Block Island sound let's go out and have some fun. Sam Gorham on the board here has access to a helicopter maybe he can get footage. The Sutphen is flat out faster then my boat, but the old Cafe does real good in the rough.[/QUOTE]

I do like the old cafe racers, good looking boats for sure. I have never been in one. In fact my cigarette experiences are limited to top guns. I like the higher decks on them but it gives a higher Center of Gravity on the hull that seems it could be dangerous.

As a Jet skier we would all sit around and laugh at the older cigs because they made all that noise and couldnt crack 65 MPH wed smoke them on stock GP1200 jet skis on the river and laugh our A$$es off.
They older boats with all there weight and 454 330's just didnt really run very fast.

They looked great but the performance wasnt there and when your known for performance that doesnt bode well.

Now my little sut 26 used to suprise the hell out of jet skiers. Theyd see the OB's and think fishing boat.LOL
Id run76 to 78 MPH with that thing smoking most jets skis on the river. It didnt like calm water much though and the chine walk could get nasty.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

30 Your comparing a 38ft. to a 26. That alone in its self is apples to oranges. How about a Fire Fox lets compare same sizes (about anyway).
-Mike
Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Any 10,000 to 12,000 lb boat with 330 HP engines is going to be slow. Cigarette, Sutphen, Formula, ect. ...Now, the old Cigs with TRS and transmissions that your speaking of were NEVER known for being speed demons, BUT they are know to be wave crushers! That is a Cigarette fact. Turn your 500 lb jet ski around and go back into the ocean and see whose faster! Again comparing apples to oranges. Very surprising to me how many haters there are on an OFFSHORE website.....remember, envy is one of the seven deadly sins !!! Anyway , thank god its Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Thank god its friday, Every one can say this, Thank god i have a Cig, only a select group can say this.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey I was just trying to find out who was off my beach this weekend, while I was out towing the kids around on the tube. Not alot of people take the inside route between Duck Island and the coastline. So I thought it was strange that both a Cigarette and a Sunseeker did this weekend. Well if you see a old Monterey Bowrider its me.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by boomer
Hey I was just trying to find out who was off my beach this weekend, while I was out towing the kids around on the tube. Not alot of people take the inside route between Duck Island and the coastline. So I thought it was strange that both a Cigarette and a Sunseeker did this weekend. Well if you see a old Monterey Bowrider its me.
Was it a red white and blue Top Gun?
Old 07-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Kev you going out this weekend? If so let me know ill drop the props for you. Id rather not ship them i dont want them damaged before you get to try them. And its only an hour drive to Old Saybrook for me anyway.
-Mike
Old 07-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered

I just had to give you guys some crap. Someone has to do it.

Other wise you cig guys get a swelled head real easy.

All kidding aside we all know they are good boats.

I thought the moppie one would Kill on here.LOL
No one had anything to say on that one.WTF
Most cig guys get all bent about that one.

I honestly dont even know the different models of cigarettes. I just know a few SWELLED HEADED cigarette owners.
I like all kinds of boats.
I have just always owned sutphens and have been very happy with them so I never ventured out into other options.

Kreed I love the look of your boat The deck on the cigs is a very nice design and the high free board is a plus IMO although I do honestly think it may hurt the CG a little.
I looked into cigs as an option when looking at another boat and I really liked them. I was just very comfortable with the sutphen and I really wanted the large cockpit of an OB boat. This boat just FIT really well for me.

I have seen Imagine thats cig at claudios and liked the style of it as well.

So please dont get your panties all in a bunch I am just kidding with you all.

I like pantera's, sonics, fountains etc. I can appreciate some thing about each of the designs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.