CT indoor winter storage >

CT indoor winter storage

Notices

CT indoor winter storage

Old 12-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
$200.00 sounds steep but if he can get it more power 2 him , around here the norm is $475.00 for season till april outside ,and inside heated ,alarmed,concrete floor and there still dropping off cars for $375.00 per spot ...good luck
As Running Hot says here, going rate for a car, inside, heated, concrete, ect,ect.. for 6 months comes to 2250.00 Thats for a small(car) spot! Imagine what a 40' spot would cost???? Bottom line is, if you want the best, your gonna pay for it. I think you have the wrong hobbie, the way you bad mouth everything about boating.... Storage fees, gas consumption/prices, docking fees, helicopter pics cost, ect...Offshore powerboating is not a cheap hobbie, better get used to paying for luxurys !!!

Last edited by kreed; 12-09-2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: I cant spell 4 chit!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Moses, screwing the customer only happens when the customers fee doubles or tripples WHILE the boat is being stored. If you know the fee up front and its too much for your liking, go somewhere else. Nobody at OP is "screwing" the customer because everyone storing boats there, already knows the fee! So how are they getting screwed?? OP always has a ton of boats stored there and those people like the security, the premises, and the fact they can get high performance work done to their boats over the winter...all at 1 location. Lets face it, if you can afford to own and maintain a 100K to 400K boat, what the hell is 1.5k to store it for 6 months out of the year? Really. If I could afford a 200k boat, bet your azz it would be in a heated facility for WHATEVER it cost.
Let me say AGAIN that this thread is in NO way all about OP.

I like Chris, I try and buy stuff there whenever I need it because I think Having Chris and his business here in CT is Good for Performance boating in our state.

That being said , 1500 is worth it to some and not to others. Nothing wrong with his pricing that way.
You either pay it or you dont. I dont knock him one bit ofr pricing it as he chooses.

What I think is silly is that and I will use myself as an example.
I have two lowers I want resealed and alittle electrical work done.

I f my boat was there Id probably have Chris and his guys do it over the winter.
If it stays home I wont do crap until spring and I will proabbly have someone else do it bacause he will be busy or something like that.

My brother has a few things he needs tunes up to and so does moses. So if he charged less hed have more in the end.

His guys would stay busy this winter and hed probably bring in more money in the long run.

He does what he feels is best for his business though and thats 100% OK.

I dont think anyone specifically picked out Chris and threw stones accept for that one place that quoeted different prices without even kowing who was calling.

we wont name that place though cause it couldn have just been a simple mistake, looked up the wrong thing on the sheet etc.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Moses, screwing the customer only happens when the customers fee doubles or tripples WHILE the boat is being stored. If you know the fee up front and its too much for your liking, go somewhere else. Nobody at OP is "screwing" the customer because everyone storing boats there, already knows the fee! So how are they getting screwed?? OP always has a ton of boats stored there and those people like the security, the premises, and the fact they can get high performance work done to their boats over the winter...all at 1 location. Lets face it, if you can afford to own and maintain a 100K to 400K boat, what the hell is 1.5k to store it for 6 months out of the year? Really. If I could afford a 200k boat, bet your azz it would be in a heated facility for WHATEVER it cost.

i guess its a means of perspective. $1500 for a 400k boat is a little different than $1500 for a 40k boat. This is why I choose to shrink wrap and store outside. There are plenty of instances where the customer gets screwed knowingly. The problem customers are faced with is that there are no other games in town.

i.e. boatpix...Seeing as though they were the only guys shooting the poker run I have no choice in the matter. They can charge $1000 for a 1 x 2 and people would have to pay it. It has a monopoly-esque feel to it. Same goes for storage. There arent many in the business. As a result they can charge whatever they want. Its a simple supply vs demand. Some will pay and some wont. I am just voicing my opinion that many businesses take advantage of the situation. Whether customers want to admit it or not.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
Ok think about how Cryogenics makes engine parts harder and stronger, Think about how most racers want a seasoned block to start a build with rather than a brand new never fired block. Ahhhh HAAAA see. Theres two sides to every coin.LOL

Indoor is not the same as outdoor. Sometime 1 works out better than the other its aroll of the dice in either circumstance.

If you store it indoor you have to worry about 10 other boats backing into or damaging your boat and its also a target for theives.

My point is that INdoor stoarge is worth more to some than others. To me its worth just barely $500.00

To Moses its worth $2.50

To you its worth $8000.00 we all see it differently.
wtf...I would be willing to pay at least $5.00. hahaha
Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Registered

i guess its a means of perspective. $1500 for a 400k boat is a little different than $1500 for a 40k boat. This is why I choose to shrink wrap and store outside. There are plenty of instances where the customer gets screwed knowingly. The problem customers are faced with is that there are no other games in town.

I choose the same thing! Difference is, Im not bad mouthing "local performance businesses" about it! Hey, If *****in and moaning about the cost of indoor storage would change anthing, we all would be cryin about it!

Last edited by kreed; 12-09-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered

moses0324: "sounds pretty outrageous to me...id rather buy a $2500 portable garage (steel frame with heavy canvas shelter)...you can work on the boat when you want and be within 30 feet of your own tools. just my 0.02"

this isnt bad mouthing...
Old 12-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by moses0324
moses0324: "sounds pretty outrageous to me...id rather buy a $2500 portable garage (steel frame with heavy canvas shelter)...you can work on the boat when you want and be within 30 feet of your own tools. just my 0.02"

this isnt bad mouthing...
Hahahaha...ok.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I tried to resist chiming in here but I just can't help myself. As a disclaimer I am probably biased because I've done indoor winter storage at my place in the past. I just can't see how a place getting $200 - $300 per month for a typical "go fast" boat to provide indoor heated secure storage in a normal commercial building is overcharging anybody. If you figure that the average boat and trailer is going to take up a floor space of around 10 ft wide x 40 ft long then that is 400 sq ft. Figuring commercial space like that will cost around $5 per sq ft.............and that figure could be low for a ground floor high ceiling urban location with large street level overhead doors............that works out to $167 per month for cost of space and that's before they pay for heat, insurance, etc, etc or make any profit. Another business in my building is getting $150 per month for a car and he has 40,000 sq ft filled! Keep in mind that you can fit 2 cars in the space of one of these boats. If you can find a comparable place that is offering it for $500ish bucks for the whole season then you've found a great deal but it doesn't mean that the other place was trying to rip anyone off or gouge the "rich boater". I'm way more surprised to see that anybody could offer indoor storage that cheaply than I am to see a rate of $200 a month or even $1500 per winter season. I guess they have to own the building and have no mortgage and/or maybe they're taking a beating just to fill empty space figuring some is better than none? Either way I'd think it was a temporary thing and really not fair to compare to the place that's doing indoor storage as part of its ongoing business. Or maybe commercial real estate costs are half the money in CT vs RI? That is all, I'll go back to lurking now
Old 12-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by moses0324
Frank, here is my take...I am ok with a business charging an acceptable amount of money for a service or product to be profitable. What is not ok, is when businesses take advantage of the consumers. They deem the people who partake in boating as "successful". So they figure hmmm lets charge the **** out of them and increase our profitability at the customers expense. That is not ok with me.

I provided the helicopter picture prices as an example in an earlier thread. Again its one thing to be charged a fee for a service or product....Its entirely different when the company or business is screwing the customer.
I see some of the points you make but I am not sure you understand the cost to be in business. What are the fixed costs to go hang out your shingle? First you have to buy aplace and have a mortgage or rent to pay. Second you have insurances which raise every year. Third you need equiptment. Fourth you need employees and their benefit costs. Then you have heat electrcity, phones advertising maintance and the list goes on. Then you get some a bunch cheapos who have no idea what the f-uck they are talking about saying their prices are to much. To much them maybe but not for those that understand the value and the realtionship. This why my boat has never sat broken during a weekend. Beteween the bridges charges me $4,000 plus for summer storage, do I think it is alot? You bet I do, and if I think it is to much I can go elsewhere or trailer it. I hate to say this but we are just of different mind sets. I own my business and have for 14 years and know exactly what it costs to be in business. Jeff by the way if you where having work done on your boat over the winter while you where storing somewhere I am 100% positive the cost would change. This how I have done it for over 10 years. Make the situation work for all parties involved this is how a realationship gets started
Old 12-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Registered

I hate to say this but we are just of different mind sets.
of course we are...im 24 years old. i have a different mind set than almost everyone here. i can assure you of that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.