Old 04-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lowers are on,, just need oil
Old 04-05-2011, 07:30 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never made it on Monday. All loaded up to go up tomorow. I think I have what I need to do to make this look right? Fingers crossed!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered

Hey guys,

I have the bug big time. I havent met up with anyone on here yet, but I run from trenton to phily every weekend. Had a piston break last august, have been hussling to get it back together. Should be running close to 600 horse natural. Looking for a XR or IMCO setup to replave the bravo 1 or I'm gonna be 3/4 throttle limited, lol.

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys this season!

Kenny
Old 04-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Registered

Hey Kenny.. I ran 740 through a bravo in a 240 baja with only upgraded bearings for 3+ yrs... just be easy on holeshots...
Old 04-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja555
Hey Kenny.. I ran 740 through a bravo in a 240 baja with only upgraded bearings for 3+ yrs... just be easy on holeshots...
WOW! I never would have thought you could run that much through it. From what I've read on here most guys say 500 is pushing it. Thats good since funds are low. Maybe I will be able to see what the new motors got after all with the bravo. I will definetly be easy on the accel. Getting block from machine shop on friday, unfortunatly im going first day trout fishing this weekend. Will start assembling after that. Have most of the parts already, just need small things like oil pump, gaskets, etc.. The only major thing I need is some decent exhaust. Hope to be out in about a month.

Kenny

Last edited by OutlawMan; 04-06-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: add info
Old 04-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OutlawMan
WOW! I never would have thought you could run that much through it. From what I've read on here most guys say 500 is pushing it. Thats good since funds are low. Maybe I will be able to see what the new motors got after all with the bravo. I will definetly be easy on the accel. Getting block from machine shop on friday, unfortunatly im going first day trout fishing this weekend. Will start assembling after that. Have most of the parts already, just need small things like oil pump, gaskets, etc.. The only major thing I need is some decent exhaust. Hope to be out in about a month.

Kenny
Just be easy on the holeshots and re - entering..the older bravo's seem to hold up better than the newer one's.. CHANGE THE OIL ALOT....
Old 04-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Registered

Waiting on fuel filters ... might try to get out on Sun..
Old 04-08-2011, 01:59 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Finished the center section of the windshield. Ball buster cutting the old plexi out of the frames. Turns out to be 1/2" thick. Think I have a system down now. Probly do one side on Monday and the other soon after. It's a figure it out as you go kinda project.

I agree with 555 on the Bravo's holding up if your REALLY easy on the acceleration and re-entry. The Imco's won't hold up much better, sorry to say, same cheap azz Bravo gears. The Imco towers hold up better though when they do go BYE-BYE! Learned that the hard way a couple times last season. Savin my pennies up for a pair of SCX uppers. Seems like thats the way to go with the SC lowers. All I need now is $20 G's, AGAIN! UGH!

Should be doin a few test runs in the next week or so, spaced the lowers down an1 1/2". Seems I was above the bottom over 2 1/2". No wonder it was getting really loose in the azz around 100. Searching for 115-120 this season. Shouldn't be out of reach?

See everyone real soon, flag us down and introduce yourself if you see me. All red cat in case you don't know.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Registered

Ah,, the quest for more speed...
Old 04-09-2011, 10:12 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Yea, it's not that I need to go any faster but I know the boat has more to give. Best so far was 106 but it was pretty hairy and only lasted for a few secs before I let out of it. Engines where up on the 6K limiters, azz was real loose and proposing. Still had more throttle to go say 25% more. I figure dropping the "X" down should help the porposing and azz control. After that I have some 1.36 gears for the lowers to install so I can get down from the 36 blades I'm running now. just want to see how fast all this work CAN go. I'm happy to cruise the 80's. Lookin forward to this season for sure.

If your ever out and are up Philly way, I work at the Philly Fireboat at the USCG station. Give me a call and stop in, 215-768-4172 Bill

Last edited by fireboatpilot; 04-09-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.